JHS Kilt V2

tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Alright first off, I do not own one of these and probably never will. I do not have a use for the effects pedals now and not much of a chance I will get back into the electric band thing any time soon, acoustic for me. However I get emails from Sweetwater and others, so I keep up with the latest offerings. Sweetwater just sent me an email about 5 incredible new amps out there, pricey as hell and right up my alley back in the day so I checked them out.

The best in the bunch in my opinion is the JHS More Loud is Better amp. I went to the youtube demo and the amp was cool for sure but what really caught me ear was this pedal the guy was using. It took me awhile to find out what it was because there is no brand name on it but finally I found it. It is a JHS Kilt V2. It too is a little pricey but I have no doubt if I were still using effects pedals I would have one on the way as I type.

Just wanted to pass along the info. In the video right about 1:20 is where the pedal is used. When he hits the G2 switch at 1:27 to me it sounded like Randy Bachman's tone to me with a little more butter.
Kilt 2.jpg
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
golem
Reactions:

It's an Expandora clone from what I understand although I'd assume some tweaks were made. I've tried and expandora and owned the first version of the Kilt. It's reasonably close in tone but I didn't A/B them on the same day.

I thought it was cool that sweetwater included inside shots of the amp:

I've already forgotten the price of the amp but if I round up it's 2500. I've got to be honest at that price I'd probably pick up a full Kemper rig. But, I do hear good things about Milkman who I understand built and designed this amp.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

The amp is just old school pure amp goodness, doesn't get any more organic. It is unusual to have a pic of the inside. Normally it cost $2500 to get a look under the hood. I am not familiar with the Expandora, I do know from what I have read over the years that there is limited ways to create a distortion/overdrive/fuzz circuit and a large amount of them have a lot in common. Same think with tube amps.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole