NPD: ProCo Rat2

SXLuvr
Reactions:

It adds a really nice grind to my setup, which includes a Tech21 CompTortion and Donner Noise Killer, into a Monoprice Stage Right 5 watt tube amp with an 8” Celestion speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aullucci
Reactions:

Nice. I don't have a real Rat but I picked up a Mr Vermin from Chicago Stompworks during a sale last year and it kills. It's supposedly a part for part clone. I play mine through my monoprice five too. Enjoy!
SXLuvr
Reactions:

aullucci wrote:Nice. I don't have a real Rat but I picked up a Mr Vermin from Chicago Stompworks during a sale last year and it kills. It's supposedly a part for part clone. I play mine through my monoprice five too. Enjoy!
Thank you, aullucci!

jtcnj
Reactions:

Nice!
I really dig mine too.
Lately I've been using it more like a tubescreamer / boost. Level pretty high, gain as low as it will go before the output drops off.
Into a cranked lower gain tube circuit it kills for the classic rock tones I play mostly.
I just started experimenting using it this way my Tweed deluxe 5e3 build.
Since the RAT cuts some bass, it really helps keep the 5e3 tighter, and not farting out (to a point) with PAF-ish humbuckers.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
jtcnj
Reactions:

double post somehow, idk.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
SXLuvr
Reactions:

jtcnj wrote:Nice!
I really dig mine too.
Lately I've been using it more like a tubescreamer / boost. Level pretty high, gain as low as it will go before the output drops off.
Into a cranked lower gain tube circuit it kills for the classic rock tones I play mostly.
I just started experimenting using it this way with my Tweed deluxe 5e3 build.
Since the RAT cuts some bass, it really helps keep the 5e3 tighter, and not farting out (to a point) with PAF-ish humbuckers.
Sounds awesome, jtcnj, I’m looking forward to seeing what tones I can get out of it.

aullucci
Reactions:

jtcnj wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:52 pm Nice!
I really dig mine too.
I was expecting a raging distortion box. And it does that well, but I was very surprised by how excellent the low gain stuff sounds. This gets me good tonez too
SXLuvr
Reactions:

aullucci wrote:
jtcnj wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:52 pm Nice!
I really dig mine too.
I was expecting a raging distortion box. And it does that well, but I was very surprised by how excellent the low gain stuff sounds. This gets me good tonez too
Yeah, I’m enjoying the warm overdrive tones I get from it at low volumes.

SXLuvr
Reactions:

I think the Rat2 is the mellowest of the Rat pedals. There’s also the Turbo Rat, the Fat Rat, the You Dirty Rat, the Rat Solo, and the DeuceTone Rat, which is two Rat pedals in one. I think they’re all much more “fire breathing” than the Rat2.

I’m happy with the Rat2.

andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

HNPD!!

Everyone should have a Rat. Very versatile pedal. Go light on the gain and dark on the tone and you have a nice overdrive. A schooch more on the gain and tone, you get distortion. And then set it high for fuzz.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
SXLuvr
Reactions:

andrewsrea wrote:HNPD!!

Everyone should have a Rat. Very versatile pedal. Go light on the gain and dark on the tone and you have a nice overdrive. A schooch more on the gain and tone, you get distortion. And then set it high for fuzz.
Thank you, andrewsrea!