NPD. Joyo Ultimate Drive

Brad
Reactions:

aka Freekish Blues Alpha Drive. I remember that fiasco on TGP. I found it humorous and infuriating at the same time.
Regardless, I wanted something to give my bass some grit and have decent gain for my guitar. This seems to fit the bill but I've only had it few hours. Seems pretty cool and was only $27.00 new.
1000002975.jpg
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

HNPD!

The Ultimate Drive utilizes the same circuit as the Fulltone OCD, but allows a bit more bass frequency and utilizes tight silicon clipping diodes. I have a Danelectro Cool Cat OD-1 V1, which I modified the clipping to be more like the OCD. It is one of those pedals that I love, then I get bored with and leave it alone, then repeat.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
artandsoul
Reactions:
Gearlist: sx callisto cus ds tobacco quilt, A2 probuckers.
sx hawk car p90 all stock.
agile al3200 purple black quilt, all stock.
jet city 50w 6l6 warren hanes mod
jet city 100w ltd el34 warren hanes mod
big knob pedals color jumbo, behringer super fuzz, joyo dig tuner, black arts toneworks lstr fuzz" green muff clone"
412 eminence swamp thang 600watts in egnater cabinet

Happy npd! Yes as said above its the ocd china clone its a good pedal little noisy for me but for under 30.00 its hard to beat, im sure it works great on bass. I always like fuzz and distortion on bass guitar makes it a mean sounding bassy as all hell guitar lol.
"Nationwide, on average 21% of adults in the US are illiterate in 2023. 54% of adults have a literacy below 6th grade level" Now I know whats wrong with people lmao
Brad
Reactions:

I found a few sites stating there is a mistake on certain versions of these and mine is one of them. A diode's screening was 180° off when the circuit boards were printed and therefore the diode was installed per the screening which means it is backwards.
I flipped it around the right way and I think I hear an improvement but it may just be because I thought it'd be different. At least it is built the way it was designed, audio difference or not.
backinit
Reactions:

I had one and used it for quite a while through a clean amp.