My New Dumblicious Pedal

tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

When I saw the thread by @andrewsrea about his new Dumblicious pedal my interest was piqued. My band mate had given me a pedal to try out, the Vertex Ultra Phonix. It was supposed to be "Dumble-like". I was really liking it so I knew I must get one of Andrew's creations. I gigged with it Thursday night and last night. This pedal is everything Andrew said it was. After all these years of using a Tube Screamer for lead tones I am switching to the Dumblicious. The TS will be relegated to crunch rhythm tone. My little Hotone Blues has been my rhythm crunch pedal for years and now it will come off the board entirely. This morning when I took this pic I realized there was no TS on the board for the first time in a couple of centuries so I have to put it back.

Back to the pedal. This pedal is so smooth, rich and warm, very organic. You guys know I am a tube tone guy. I still need to play with all the switches and settings to see what it can do but so far so good. The first thing I noticed is even with the gain cranked this pedal is still pretty quiet. I wish I knew how to put into words what it sounds like but trust me it is awesome. I suck at wording reviews so I will just say it sounds like giant beautiful boobs floating across the sky like clouds. Andrew is a pleasure to deal with. He sent explicit details all about what the switches do, etc. Obviously he is a master at this sort of thing. All I know is, this is the best drive pedal I have ever owned and I am gluing it to the board. You should get yourself one.
Dumblicious.jpg
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

I am super glad you are digging your AMI Dumblischious and thanks for the kind words!

I am sure you have no need to look inside, but if you do you will see it is marked as built specifically for you on the backplate.

Ironic that the last guy I sold this model to (a really good country player), was also at a loss for words to describe using it in his rig (Fender Neo Twin). He said "I cannot adequately tell you what it does, but my sound is more 3D and fits better in the mix with my band. A pedal I always have on"

And not to get too geeky (as I do), there was a lot of thought that went into the 'unperceivable self-noise, without sacrificing tone or gain' attribute. I do that with all my designs and mods.

BTW: I like the clock on your board!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

That clock has served me well for many years.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
toomanycats
Reactions:

Velcro Adhesive Tape . . . . $7.00

Mini Digital Clock . . . . $5.99

Overdrive pedal that, "Sounds like giant beautiful boobs floating across the sky like clouds." . . . . PRICELESS

:D
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
tonebender
Reactions:

Now that I have had a chance to use the pedal several times out and about I thought I would say a few words about it.

It is awesome. The overdrive this pedal produces is as smooth as silk and quiet too. I absolutely love it. I took the Hotone Blues pedal off the mini board and left the handwired Tube Screamer on for rhythm crunch and it also is in the chain before the Dumblicious. A few times I have used them both with the TS pushing the Dumblicious for a very tasty lead tone. I could not be happier with this pedal. Also I just love having pedals, pups, straps, and amp covers made by my friends here at AGF. I still use FX Floridian pedals by Ryan on my big board. I have his chorus (The Choir), reverb (The Spelunker) and Bubbles Overdrive permanently attached.

You guys are the bomb.