NPD

redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

I usually don't look at pedal reviews and have never bought a pedal because of a review. I've always just bought what I have either heard or played with so I always pretty much knew what I was after when I started looking for a pedal. The other day for what ever reason I was looking at distortion pedal reviews when I came across one for the NOBELS ODR-1 which I had never heard of the brand. Now I primarily use my amps gain or my TS9 reissued Tube Screamer or both but there was just something about that review that got my attention. So I found the least expensive one I could find it, was on Reverb w/free shipping listed as mint when I got it had they listed it as new I would have never questioned it because it looked new and it had all the original packaging..
I plugged this pedal into my 1Watt Blackstar combo and it rocked my world I really like this pedal. Someone's going to get a good deal now on my Tube Screamer because I don't need it anymore.
hiEwqq5[1].jpg
cqn8MNF[1].jpg
jtcnj
Reactions:

HNPD!
Glad you like it, not familiar with that brand either.
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
Perfect Stranger
Reactions:

Congrats....the ODR-1 is a righteous pedal. Tons of versatility.
~Jim~

Even great harmonica players suck half the time! :roll:
glasshand
Reactions:

Very cool! I have never seen one in person, but I have been seeing references to them more and more lately.

How would you describe it? Is it at all Tube Screamer-like? Does it have a lot of its own character, or is it better for pushing an already overdriven amp?
mozz
Reactions:

Nobels makes a few different pedals and also made the sound studio. Tube screamer is gonna be more for live jams with a band, gonna make you "cut through the mix" as they say.
AGF refugee
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I think I had one of those once upon a time. I do believe I gave it to my nephew. I bought in at a music store in Nashville on a trip through there. I remember asking the proprietor about them and he told me some story about a guy with a studio that tons of those pedals from him and gave them to the guitarist in the bands he recorded. It was a very nice OD pedal.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
toomanycats
Reactions:

One thing I can say is that they certainly got the sea sick green on the box and the pedal enclosure right.

Like many others, I think a Tubescreamer is an excellent tool for cutting through a mix when soloing in a live band situation, or even for recording leads. I'm not as crazy about it for rhythm playing, as the compression and upper mid nasally notch it imparts does something I don't like in that application. I prefer to use an OD pedal I can leave on all the time and then use my guitars volume knob to control my clean, rhythm, and lead tones.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer