NPD: Mozz 250 and Dist+

golem
Reactions:

Just gut shots for now. I can confirm they're better than RI versions of the pedals. I think the pictures of the build quality should speak for themselves.
mozz
Reactions:

Oh, you just voided the warranty!

Actually a few different pedals are out there but i just started to serialize them and you got #1 & #2.
#3 and #5 are shipping tomorrow.
Sometimes i just cut up 50 wires and use them. I have no color codes.
AGF refugee
golem
Reactions:

@mozz I think I'm going to order one of those Germanium Fuzz Tones and a Shin Ei next. Just didn't want to send money without telling you what's up first.
mozz
Reactions:

Let me know if there's any specific germanium transistors you want. I've got 2n404, 2sb175, Russian, high gain, low gain, medium etc. Also depends on your power supply. The pnp germanium use a positive ground and I set them up for battery only, like a original. I can set them up for a power jack but you need to use a isolated supply, no daisy chain. I do have some npn germanium transistors that would use a regular supply. The shin EI is loud if you turn it up, would overdrive a amp nicely.
AGF refugee
jtcnj
Reactions:

@mozz Do you have a Dallas Rangemaster type clone?
Old AGF since Feb. 2015; refugee of the Great MOMO Purge of May 2020.
mozz
Reactions:

Yeah, but needs to be put in a pedal enclosure. They are PNP battery only. I can add a power jack but then you need a isolated supply. I may have suitable npn germaniums to use for neg ground and daisy chain friendly. There's a input cap switch to choose between regular and "sabbath" which gives a fuller deep response. Just got red, black and white enclosures, have to drill them.
AGF refugee
mickey
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:25 pm Yeah, but needs to be put in a pedal enclosure. They are PNP battery only. I can add a power jack but then you need a isolated supply. I may have suitable npn germaniums to use for neg ground and daisy chain friendly. There's a input cap switch to choose between regular and "sabbath" which gives a fuller deep response. Just got red, black and white enclosures, have to drill them.
I trust you understand that you are speaking greek to all but a handful of folks here. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
Chocol8
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:30 pm
mozz wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:25 pm Yeah, but needs to be put in a pedal enclosure. They are PNP battery only. I can add a power jack but then you need a isolated supply. I may have suitable npn germaniums to use for neg ground and daisy chain friendly. There's a input cap switch to choose between regular and "sabbath" which gives a fuller deep response. Just got red, black and white enclosures, have to drill them.
I trust you understand that you are speaking greek to all but a handful of folks here. :D
Should I be embarrassed that I understood what he was saying and why? :D
mozz
Reactions:

"I trust you understand that you are speaking greek to all but a handful of folks here."

Well, old effects circuits used PNP germanium transistors, which are mostly positive ground, such as old cars were. Most pedals are negative ground today, so they can't really be on the same pedal board unless you have separate or isolated power supplies. You can find old germanium NPN transistors which use a negative ground but are nowhere near as common as the PNP types. When transistors went to silicon, early 60's, NPN are more common.

I think JTC-NJ has a good understanding of old style pedal terminology. I just remembered that i have a bunch of 2sb175 Japanese transistors that were supposed to be pretty good in a rangemaster, and i didn't try those yet. Well, after dinner i am going to see if they bias up good and how they sound. I see the Diaz Texas Ranger had a 3 position switch which i didn't know and i have an idea how to implement that with a knob.
AGF refugee
golem
Reactions:

I don't really understand electronics that much but if you look at the Sun Face page for Analogman you can get the gist of what he's getting at.
jtcnj
Reactions:

@golem Congrats, they look great!
Sorry, I meant to include that in my first post.

@mozz
Original Dallas Rangemaster tone (with early Iommi tone in mind, etc. 70's classic rock) is what I'm after; other switchable options are welcome also.

Sending PM
jtcnj
Reactions:

@mozz - sent PM but it appears to just be sitting in my outbox. (?)
mickey
Reactions:

jtcnj wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:36 pm @mozz - sent PM but it appears to just be sitting in my outbox. (?)
With this software PM's appear to just sit in your outbox until the person it is addressed to reads it.
Thus that tells you @mozz has yet to read it. :)
Once @mozz reads it the software moves it to sent.
Gandalf the Intonationer
jtcnj
Reactions:

Thanks Mickey!
mozz
Reactions:

12:36PM, normally i would be working, but we got friday off due to the new holiday on sat. Nice. Mixing concrete for fence posts right now but just replied to PM. Will post picture here in case any other takers. I had made a few of these but it's not a pedal version just a clone. I have 2 cases left and hopefully the front panel stickers i saved on this computer.
20210618_134822.jpg
AGF refugee
golem
Reactions:

@mozz love that Rangemaster clone and I think I just sold my MIM strat so I'm probably in the market for such a thing.
mozz
Reactions:

I've got the pedal versions almost done, will post a picture after dinner. Picture posted to the Mozz pedal thread.
AGF refugee