Wampler Ratsbane $95.98 @MF

Beyer160
Reactions:

Musicians' Friend has the Wampler Ratsbane for $95.98- log into your account, then add to your cart to get the price.
golem
Reactions:

Tempted.
toomanycats
Reactions:

I've gotta be honest, and this may come as a surprise, but in all the years I've been playing I have never tried a Rat pedal. In guitar circles that's probably equivalent to living in North Carolina and never having tried a Sun Drop, which incidentally also applies to me.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Beyer160
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:37 pm I've gotta be honest, and this may come as a surprise, but in all the years I've been playing I have never tried a Rat pedal. In guitar circles that's probably equivalent to living in North Carolina and never having tried a Sun Drop, which incidentally also applies to me.
The thing I like about Rats is that they sound good through the entire range of the gain knob. A lot of pedals have a small "sweet spot", but the Rat morphs from OD to distortion all the way up to fuzz depending on where you set it.

I have two LM308 Rats (and a Katzenkonig) so I think I'll pass on the 'Bane, but $96 is a few bucks under used price so it's a nice deal for those so inclined.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

^ Agree - although I struggle with using fuzz in a band context, so I prefer the gain about 9:30 'ish and the (backwards) tone at 1 o'clock.

My AMI 'Wild Mouse' version uses the LM308 can, has a slightly different mid-frequency gain center, lower self-noise and a little more output. When dialed in as described, it fits very well in the classic rock / 80' metal band genres. Version 1 (my prototype) and Version 2 pictured below.
Attachments
AMI Wild Mouse 1.jpg
AMI Wild Mous M1.jpg
Live life to the fullest! - Rob