Rivera BC-394C

'70's Hohner PJ fretless bass
'84 Ibanez Roadstar II bass w/ SX Ursa neck

YouRock Midi guitar

Fender Acoustasonic 40
Fender Mustang III
Vox DA5
Monoprice 40W SS w/ 10" speaker

So, I have a Fender Acoustasonic 40 amp which does a great job with my Takamine classical with the CTP3 preamp. The one thing it lacks is effects, other than reverb.
It has a balanced XLR output, and I was wondering if there was a correct cable to connect to the 1/4 inch input on my Mustang III?
The Mustang colors the guitar tone if I connect it directly, whereas the Acoustasonic is completely transparent (people often ask me why I don't use an amp, and am amazed when I point out that I am using one!)

I thought it would be an interesting experiment tonewise … I suspect it won't really work, so am looking for the simplest and least expensive solution (I could have bought the Fender Acoustic Jr Go, which even has a looper, but the tone of the 40, or rather the lack of it, has borne out all the good reviews)
I suppose what I'm saying is that I don't want to haul extra pedals around!

My nephew gave me a Scarlett 2i2, is there anything I could do with that, or is it strictly for recording?

Any input is welcome, I've been off the site for a while and miss you guys! :D :D
"Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it."
dabbler
Reactions:

There are a number of possibilities:

https://www.sweetwater.com/c833--AU_TS_ ... lsrc=aw.ds

I have used a couple of these. They require a the use of a standard xlr cable:

https://www.showmecables.com/1-4-in-mon ... lxEALw_wcB
mickey
Reactions:

You can also get XLR gender changers. A few cables like @dabbler mentioned plus a male to male & a female to female XLR gender change plugs and you can pretty well connect anything to anything.
Gandalf the Intonationer
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

@mickey and @dabbler are o the right trail.

This is what you want: . This converts the low impedance to high impedance.

A simple converter will provide 1/2 the signal and will kill your tone reponse, due to loading. Plus, it will be susceptible to ground hum, which wou dbe amplified in your Mustang.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob