and yet another direction....

doc-knapp
Reactions:

I have been using an Atomic Amplifire for the last few years and been very happy with it, but like most hardware, the minute the company decides to move on and stop supporting it, your left with a dinosaur brick. Well, Studio Devil, the company that made the Amplifire decided to move from hardware back to the software end of things. Here's what they just put on the market. For $149 you get a fantastic software amp modeler with cloud based IR's and presets to download.

doc-knapp
Reactions:

I bought it on Black Friday for $99. It's pretty farking amazing.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Enjoy the new gear, I still have never used anything like that. I will die an analog man.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
doc-knapp
Reactions:

It took me a couple of days to get used to it, but the sounds are freakin' incredible, and you can download and use all NAM presets for free. So you have an endless supply of amp tones to explore that are equal to the sounds you're getting out of very expensive amps or $1500-2000 amp modelers, and the grand cost for this software is $99.
They've finally reached the point where downloadable software sounds exactly like the real thing. I've been trying modelers for years, and I really think the technology is finally here.
Remember, this is the AFFORDABLE Guitar Forum.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Glad you are happy with it. I doubt I will ever venture down the software trail.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole