Any Spark amp users out there? - NAD - Spark Mini Arrived

Flatline
Reactions:

Yesterday I ordered the Spark Mini to potentially replace my Roland MicroCube. I'll be using an iPad for to control the app interface.

Anything I should be aware of?

Favorite patches or settings?
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I have the older bigger Spark (before they made the mini). Great practice amp, and the app makes a huge difference in flexibility. My only real gripe about either is nit-picky... You can't change the order of effects in the chain. Other than that, super happy with it.
BrianSkeezer
Reactions:

No Mini, but I have the Spark 40 also. I enjoy it as a practice amp. The only complaint that I have is that on the knob "amp" presets, you can't save the eq to how you want it. So if you roll the knobs and like the way the eq is on the "Clean" preset, then switch to the "Crunch" preset, eq that, then go back to "Clean," your settings go back to the original preset and you have to start over on the eq.
Flatline
Reactions:

BrianSkeezer wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:43 am No Mini, but I have the Spark 40 also. I enjoy it as a practice amp. The only complaint that I have is that on the knob "amp" presets, you can't save the eq to how you want it. So if you roll the knobs and like the way the eq is on the "Clean" preset, then switch to the "Crunch" preset, eq that, then go back to "Clean," your settings go back to the original preset and you have to start over on the eq.
Good to know about the EQ settings. Seems like something they should fix with an update.
slowhand84
Reactions:

Flatline wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:18 pm Yesterday I ordered the Spark Mini to potentially replace my Roland MicroCube. I'll be using an iPad for to control the app interface.

Anything I should be aware of?

Favorite patches or settings?
Absolutely LOVE my Spark 40 and just got the Spark Mini delivered a few weeks ago. My only regret is that these products didn't exist sooner in my life as a guitar player.

As for favorite patches - I really like the ENGL one, think its called Engel Fireball maybe.
Flatline
Reactions:

I received the Spark Mini yesterday.

First impression... this thing is tiny and much louder than it looks possible. The default presets are terrible.

I'm currently digging into the tone library stuff and finding better presets to save and overwrite the defaults.

The ability to use it as a Bluetooth speaker and guitar amp at the same time is neat. I was cleaning house earlier and used it as a speaker for my phone. It sounds a lot better than the Google home devices that I usually use.

I've just barely scratched the surface. There are more features that I'll probably ever use.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Flatline wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:39 pm I received the Spark Mini yesterday.

First impression... this thing is tiny and much louder than it looks possible. The default presets are terrible.

I'm currently digging into the tone library stuff and finding better presets to save and overwrite the defaults.

The ability to use it as a Bluetooth speaker and guitar amp at the same time is neat. I was cleaning house earlier and used it as a speaker for my phone. It sounds a lot better than the Google home devices that I usually use.

I've just barely scratched the surface. There are more features that I'll probably ever use.
It's done to compete with other modeling amps which also have awful default presets.... :D :D