Vox Mini Super Beetle

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Anyone have one of these ?

I figure the aesthetic alone will win the GF over as a furniture accent piece, she loves quirky, vintage looking flea market finds in odd corners of the house...but how does it stack up in real bedroom amp terms ?

idiotsdelight
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

idiotsdelight wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:47 am I got this one.
http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/p15smr.html
PMS_front.jpg
Ahh...that's the head version of the venerable Pathfinder 15R, an amp nobody can understand why Vox discontinued production. Fantastic little amp .I kick myself as I had the chance to buy the combo for about $35 bucks a long time ago and I walked away with some crappy Ibanez junk. Arghhh.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I bought a Pathfinder back in the late 90's (I think). I actually gigged with that rascal from time to time. That and an old Peavey were the only two SS amps I ever had that I liked. I gigged with a Vox AC15 and kallion times over the years and owned one twice. It was one of those pieces of gear that you sell then regret, then re-buy. That mini stack looks awesome. My BIL had one of the huge Beatles model back in the 70's.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:29 am I bought a Pathfinder back in the late 90's (I think). I actually gigged with that rascal from time to time. That and an old Peavey were the only two SS amps I ever had that I liked. I gigged with a Vox AC15 and kallion times over the years and owned one twice. It was one of those pieces of gear that you sell then regret, then re-buy. That mini stack looks awesome. My BIL had one of the huge Beatles model back in the 70's.
I've lusted after an AC15 for awhile. Especially because of the tremolo circuit and blue or vintage white tolex option. But I'm afraid it's just not a bedroom/ living room amp. But someday I might do it anyway
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:53 pm I've lusted after an AC15 for awhile. Especially because of the tremolo circuit and blue or vintage white tolex option. But I'm afraid it's just not a bedroom/ living room amp. But someday I might do it anyway
My AC15 is my favorite amp. I'd say it's a living room amp when you're in the bedroom (long cable or wireless). :lol:
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:33 pm
Tonray's Ghost wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:53 pm I've lusted after an AC15 for awhile. Especially because of the tremolo circuit and blue or vintage white tolex option. But I'm afraid it's just not a bedroom/ living room amp. But someday I might do it anyway
My AC15 is my favorite amp. I'd say it's a living room amp when you're in the bedroom (long cable or wireless). :lol:
In Thailand they have what they call 'knockdown' house/ buildings. Essentially they're prefab mini houses and people use them for all types of purposes. We have a small side yard but just big enough to drop one of these prefab 'guitar rooms' in once we pour a slab. GF is on with it as long as you make the outside look like a faux coffeehouse and add a few coffeehouse items inside. Someday that AC15 might have a real 🏠
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Vox should just send this guy a commission from my purchase 😁🐱😁
idiotsdelight
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:29 am
idiotsdelight wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:47 am I got this one.
http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/p15smr.html
PMS_front.jpg
Ahh...that's the head version of the venerable Pathfinder 15R, an amp nobody can understand why Vox discontinued production. Fantastic little amp .I kick myself as I had the chance to buy the combo for about $35 bucks a long time ago and I walked away with some crappy Ibanez junk. Arghhh.
My first attempt at snagging one was forgetting when the Goodwill auction ended (pickup only). It went for $125. I think I paid $250 for this (4x8?).

I bought my 15R for $25 as I was literally moving out of town. I bought another 15 (non Reverb) chassis off tdpri for $25. It only needed a jack replaced.

I've been lucky to score some great little ss & tube amps for little money (Dano, BJr, Champ, Vox, etc.)