ToneMaster Comparison

Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Dave Simpson gives a great compare between Deluxe/Twin/Super reverb ToneMaster amps by Fender

They are brilliant..

Partscaster
Reactions:

Thanks Tonebender.

I liked the clean Deluxe sound best, then the Super. Didnt really like any with those particular dirt tones.
Thought the deluxe had better mids/lows and plenty of highs. sounded full.
The Twin sounded anemic...wafer thin.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
golem
Reactions:

Tried the Twin and DR in person. Good if you really just want a single Fender tone. I find I like the Twin in my Helix way better than any Twin I've ever played through. Probably because I can realistically get it to the volume where it would sound like that without being ear piercing loud. Personally, Quilter is still my preferred Solid State amp. It's more versatile and I want to use it with cabs I already own.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:42 am Thanks Tonebender.

I liked the clean Deluxe sound best, then the Super. Didnt really like any with those particular dirt tones.
Thought the deluxe had better mids/lows and plenty of highs. sounded full.
The Twin sounded anemic...wafer thin.
Tonebender's Ghost to you..lol
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

LOL

I have decided to sit tight on the Princeton. I have owned so many Fender amps over the years. I've had a SS Princeton Chorus, Hot Rod Deluxe, Deluxe Reverb RI, Bassman, Champ, some I can't remember and I am on my second Superchamp XD. In the end I always like another brand better. Fender amps sound so awesome to my ear when someone else is playing though them. Then when I play though one something happens.

The shootout found me liking the Super Reverb the best.

I did sell the Supro Blues King on CL. Took one day and I got what I paid for it. They go for more but I got a good deal and I passed it along to a nice fellow.

I think I will give the SCXD a go at the gig on the 22nd and see how it does with the band. It would not have worked unmic'd with the Tonebenders back in the day but these guys do no play as loud and I think it will keep up nicely.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:45 pm LOL

I have decided to sit tight on the Princeton. I have owned so many Fender amps over the years. I've had a SS Princeton Chorus, Hot Rod Deluxe, Deluxe Reverb RI, Bassman, Champ, some I can't remember and I am on my second Superchamp XD. In the end I always like another brand better. Fender amps sound so awesome to my ear when someone else is playing though them. Then when I play though one something happens.

The shootout found me liking the Super Reverb the best.

I did sell the Supro Blues King on CL. Took one day and I got what I paid for it. They go for more but I got a good deal and I passed it along to a nice fellow.

I think I will give the SCXD a go at the gig on the 22nd and see how it does with the band. It would not have worked unmic'd with the Tonebenders back in the day but these guys do no play as loud and I think it will keep up nicely.
I love Fender amps and also Vox as maybe a close second....I think it comes down to guitar...single coils (esp. Strats and Teles) seem to just sing with Fender amps...Humbuckers a Ok but nothing stands out. I still say the old VibroChamp XD I had (little bro to the SCXD) was the best Strat/Amp tone I ever was able to coax out. But Humbuckers on that amp....gave an annoying Tube rattle (yeah...tube was likely microphonic and needed changing...but anhyway)