Quilter Superblock - US & UK

aullucci
Reactions:

Anybody see these? It's two jazzed up versions of the Interblock, each with three preamp 'voices,' power amp, FX loop, headphones and DI out (with defeatable cab sim).
image.png
The US has '57 Tweed, '61 Blonde and '65 Blackface voices.
image.png
UK version has '79 JMP, AC Normal and AC Top Boost channels.

This seems like another one of those interesting lower power home solutions that always grab my curiosity. No personal experience with Quilters, but I know others here have them and really like them. I think they just came out so the Youtube fare is pretty sparse, but there are some videos out there. I think the US one sounds great.

Oh, also: it's $249. Seems like a deal.
dabbler
Reactions:

aullucci wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:38 am Anybody see these? It's two jazzed up versions of the Interblock, each with three preamp 'voices,' power amp, FX loop, headphones and DI out (with defeatable cab sim).

image.png

The US has '57 Tweed, '61 Blonde and '65 Blackface voices.

image.png

UK version has '79 JMP, AC Normal and AC Top Boost channels.

This seems like another one of those interesting lower power home solutions that always grab my curiosity. No personal experience with Quilters, but I know others here have them and really like them. I think they just came out so the Youtube fare is pretty sparse, but there are some videos out there. I think the US one sounds great.

Oh, also: it's $249. Seems like a deal.
If they are anything like my Quilter 200 Problock (which I got for $299) I agree they do sound like a deal. :o I would love to have a Quilter with multiple voices! And 25 watts would suit me just fine at home, where I do all my guitar playing these days.

(I need to sell some stuff. 8-) )
aullucci
Reactions:

He did one on the UK version, too.

It really does seem like a strong contender for the play-at-home crowd.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Want one (U.S. Version)
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
aullucci
Reactions:

I thought the '57 Tweed setting sounded fantastic, definitely my favorite of all the voicings. I definitely thought the US version sounded better than the UK version generally
golem
Reactions:

I really like the US version. I'd be very tempted to buy these ones if I can get Prymaxe (or any other supplier than doesn't charge sales tax to my state) to do their usual 20% off once they're in stock.

edit: Prymaxe said to check back in three weeks.
Chocol8
Reactions:

Prymaxe is just as likely to scam you as they are to ship you products. I would research carefully before sending them money!
golem
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:21 pm Prymaxe is just as likely to scam you as they are to ship you products. I would research carefully before sending them money!
I've bought a few items from them. While they definitely don't have the best customer service, everything I've ever purchased from them arrived. I've been buying from them for five years now.
aullucci
Reactions:

I haven't had any problems with Prymaxe either. I read on some board (maybe here?) that when dealing with Prymaxe only to buy things that are listed in stock. Lots and lots of folks' problems with them apparently come from using the 20% off coupon on a pedal that's out of stock and then never knowing if/when it's going to ship. I've only gotten maybe 2 or 3 things there, but they were all in stock and all came with no problems.

The Superblock is currently in "preorder" status at Prymaxe. So I'll be patient with that option.