Stewart Wagner radio?

PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Huh?
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
mozz
Reactions:

Stewart Warner. Watch those 6x5 rectifier tubes, they short out and burn out the power transformer, no factory fuse back then.
AGF refugee
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

mozz wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:49 am Stewart Warner. Watch those 6x5 rectifier tubes, they short out and burn out the power transformer, no factory fuse back then.
That was considered a trend-setting 'portable' radio, back then!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

This one is for sale on a local online estate auction. Will be very cheap, I think.

No weird radioactive components or otherwise toxic onboard?
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
mozz
Reactions:

No selenium rectifiers in that one. I have seen old radios and even some old Fender amps that had asbestos sheet on the back or underneath, to reflect the heat. I've bought a crapload of old wooden radios, what i look out for is missing pieces of wood veneer. You may be able to fill it in but getting the grain and color to match is the hard part. Also, mice like to chew the coils (wax or shellac coated?), if they are open it's not easy to find parts, sometimes rewinding them is possible but not for the unexperienced. $5 or $10 is good, unless it's a rare "Waltons" 12 tube model which was way out of line for that show to use as a prop.
AGF refugee
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:18 am This one is for sale on a local online estate auction. Will be very cheap, I think.

No weird radioactive components or otherwise toxic onboard?
No more than in your breakfast cereal