NAD! Orange OR15

glasshand
Reactions:

New amp (and pedal!) day! I decided to make bug one of Sweetwater's salespeople since they're always bugging me :mrgreen: and talked to one of them for a good long while and threw out some ideas. Based on what I was saying, he recommended the Orange OR15. It's not one of the ones that originally made my short list, but it makes sense: 15 watts, British character, three-knob EQ, effects loop, fairly small and light, single channel. And the Earthquaker Devices Tone Job in the loop should give it very tweakable quasi-second-channel abilities. It also does not hurt that it was way cheaper than some of the other amps I'd been looking at. I have a gig coming up on the 24th, so that will be its inaugural use!
PXL_20240214_163119561.jpg
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: New amp days are the best!

Congratulations!
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I had the coveted Orange Rocker 30 back in the day and ran it through an Orange 1x12 cab with a V30. The amp was just fine but 30 watts became too much as I evolved towards low wattage tube amps. I still have the cabinet and it is one of my favorites of all time. I now use it with a Luker boutique head. 15 watts is just right, you should be happy. Congrats on the new amp!
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

HNAD!!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
glasshand
Reactions:

First gig report: it sounded really good. I was a bit surprised that I had to turn it up about halfway with the wattage switch in 15-watt mode! It was definitely a loud gig, I'll say, and we were miked up.

The only minor gripe I have is that the effects loop seems to introduce a fair amount of noise. Not sure if that's normal or not, but I do see other people mentioning it. Probably doesn't help to add a couple 20-foot cables in the loop.

And one other very minor thing that's common to almost all amps: if I ever design an amp, all of the labels will be in very large, clear typefaces, and nothing on the amp will be recessed in any way. Connecting and adjusting things that are very easy when you're in a well-lit rehearsal room with plenty of time suddenly become much harder when you're rushing on a very dark stage.