New strings

Spike
Reactions:

I picked up a set of Martin Kovar SP Core strings (11 - 52) for my Taylor AD-17e. My hope is that they will roll off some of the high end I get from the Taylor. I haven’t seen these before. Has anyone tried them yet?
Attachments
IMG_4919.jpeg
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I haven't tried those strings, but I am curious to hear about the results. As I understand it, Taylors are pretty much designed to intentionally focus highs more, as a way to cut through in a live situation. I don't have any Taylors though, so I'm only speaking from what I've heard others say and what I've heard in situ.
Spike
Reactions:

Yep. I picked up the Taylor to sit in a different space than our other guitarist. I’m sure no one can tell in a live setting other than us and other guitar players. :)
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
Abe
Reactions:
Gearlist: Breedlove Organic Solo Pro Concert CE Nylon
Taylor 514ce V-class Acoustic
PRS SE Hollowbody II Electric
Ibanez TS9/808 AnalogMan Silver Mod Tube Screamer
AnalogMan Bi-Comprossor
Morley 20/20 Wah Lock Wah Pedal
Boomerang Looper
Guitar Rig 7 on PC

I have a Taylor. Haven't had much experience with Martins. Taylors seem to be trebly in comparison. Seen others say as much too.
∞ ✡ ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ ✡ ∞
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I gravitated to guitars with Mahogany or Koa tops for a slightly darker warmer tone. My vintage Takamine has a cedar top and it is so nice and warm. I am not a fan of bright. I think it sounds fine standing alone but it just not seem to fit my vocals.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole