Someone refresh my memory please!

mickey
Reactions:

The other day I pulled out one of my favorite guitars from its case & discovered it had developed a few string buzzes between the nut & 5th fret.
That makes me think truss rod tweek, but which way do I need to go? Lefty lucy or righty tighty?
Thanks, Mickey
Gandalf the Intonationer
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Lefty (counterclockwise) should do it. At least that's what I recently did as we get massive changes in humidity a couple times a year here which necessitates the adjustment

PS it always coincides with the storage closet door being either difficult to open or easy due to swelling/de-swelling of the wood. It's my marker..😂
Partscaster
Reactions:

I look this up every time, although, this morning I guessed right without looking. Its finally becoming sort-of like "knowledge". Meaning, next year I'll have forgotten again.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
mozz
Reactions:

Hold it up in the air, look straight down the fretboard, see which way it has bowed.
AGF refugee
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Depends on which way it is curved but sounds like it is bowed versus cupped, Bow up in the middle towards the string or cupped in the middle away from the strings. Eyeball to determine then lefty lucy lowers the bow down and righty tighty raises the cup up. Good luck Mickey.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
thepezident
Reactions:
Gearlist: I got stuff

tonebender wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:35 pm Depends on which way it is curved but sounds like it is bowed versus cupped, Bow up in the middle towards the string or cupped in the middle away from the strings. Eyeball to determine then lefty lucy lowers the bow down and righty tighty raises the cup up. Good luck Mickey.
I like that...
Lefty Lucy Lowers - Righty Tighty Raises

Lefty Loosy Lowers the Bow
Righty Tighty Raises the Cup
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

thepezident wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:07 pm
tonebender wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:35 pm Depends on which way it is curved but sounds like it is bowed versus cupped, Bow up in the middle towards the string or cupped in the middle away from the strings. Eyeball to determine then lefty lucy lowers the bow down and righty tighty raises the cup up. Good luck Mickey.
I like that...
Lefty Lucy Lowers - Righty Tighty Raises

Lefty Loosy Lowers the Bow
Righty Tighty Raises the Cup
There once was a guitar from Nantucket, whose truss rod was as stiff as a...oh wait..