Larrivee acoustics

uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

I have been doing a bit of poking around at the Larrivee line - seems like kind of an overlooked/diamond in the rough brand made right here in the US. The nearest dealer is a few hours from me ( Dave's ) and I do plan on making a trip soon to try a few out, but their signature L-body shape( sort of a sloped shoulder dread of sorts ) is what intrigues me. I also like the base 03/40 model with the satin finish, really not a fan of gloss. Even in the day of guitar supply chain pricing ridiculousness, you can still find these used for under a grand and that's all solid wood, made in the USA ( or Canada for older ones ), wood binding, ebony board and bridge, hard case, etc.

Of course the sound is what matters and I won't know that until I play one, but curious if any others here have experience with the brand.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
OMB
Reactions:

Good brand - Check them out for sure.
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!
mickey
Reactions:

I have never personally played one
but I have several friends who will happily tell you
Larrivee guitars can heal the sick, raise the dead, cause the blind to see, etc.
Gandalf the Intonationer
devdem
Reactions:

I've got a D-09 that's a fine guitar. It's so nice I'm hesitant to take it out and noodle carelessly on it - probably the wrong attitude. My only negative comment it that it's a quiet guitar. But the sound it makes is fantastic.
RiverDog
Reactions:

Friends of mine bought one for their daughter when she was about 18. I don't recall the model but I remember falling in love with it after she got it and let me try it out. I would grab it all the time when I used to go over and visit because it was just so nice! I'm not sure where it was made but I think it was at the lower end of the Larrivee line.
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."
JeffBeck
Reactions:

I just got one today (going to start a new thread) and I’m floored by how much I love it. It seems to fit squarely between a Martin and a Taylor tone-wise. Tone is subjective, though. What sounds amazing to me might hurt your ears!