Incoming NUAGD x2 (Yairi content)

uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

So this is kind of a "needle in the haystack" story when I wasn't even looking for a needle in the first place. I have been randomly kicking the tires on 12 string guitars lately trying to find one for not a whole lot of $$ as I probably won't play it a lot, but don't want a cheapie either. I have been pretty close to pulling the trigger on an Alvarez artist series as they are pretty nice and in a pretty good price range too.

Fast forward to a couple weekends ago when I was watching a livestream of one of my favorite players, Monte Montgomery. He's been doing them almost every week or two all through Covid from his house via FB stream, mostly for free and just asking for tips. I happened to mention in the comments to one of the regulars that I was looking for a 12 string, and another guy piped in that he had one I might be interested in. After some discussions and getting to know the guy, I ended up buying not only the 12 string he mentioned but a matching 6 string...so I guess free concerts don't always end up that way lol.

But bottom line, on the way to me right now is an Alvarez/Yairi MMY1 6 string, which is a signature version of the DY62C made in a small batch back in 2006 based on Monte's DY62. These have burl mahog sides and back and a cedar top. It's been "Montified" with a 5 piece neck ( he broke his stock neck several times before they put one on his ) and sperzels. If that were not enough, this gentleman that I met also owned a 1-off MMY112 - which is a one off custom 12 string version that he commissioned direct from Yairi, only one ever made. He was only interested in selling them as a pair as he purchased them both together, and had Monte sign them both too. I'm not usually a fan of someone marking up a guitar, but I guess if it's the namesake of the signature model an exception can be made.

A quick shot he sent me before boxing them up, he had a unbelievable collection and is basically downsizing as he doesn't play much at all anymore. Fedex Ground is telling me they will be delivered Sunday, which seems surprising coming all the way from MO, but we'll see.
154993365_2831076587104590_7256991423888135406_n.jpg
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
aullucci
Reactions:

Score. Outstanding grabs! Perhaps a clip or two once they arrive?