NGD. Mini Strat

Post here your newest acquisitions and reviews of them.
Brad
Reactions:

in pink! It was $25 used and I couldn't pass it up. The high E tuner was broken so I fixed that, oiled the neck, shined the frets up and put 10s on it. This little sucker jams! I had one years ago and thought it was cool, I spent hours playing this one today with my new Ultimate Drive and some delay and you'd never guess it's a mutant guitar.
1000002974.jpg
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

HNGD! Everyone needs to play a little guitar, now and then.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
msc_
Reactions:

Nice! I bought a red one for my son several (maybe 10) years ago and he never played it. I found that 11s worked really well and kept it reasonably in tune. I still have it and think I may play a little guitar tonight.
tobijohn
Reactions:

It's like a Stratocaster ukelele...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Happy NGD.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Brad
Reactions:

So much for that idea. I sold it 2 days ago. I'd been playing it a lot but one day I swapped it for my Harley Benton SG and neither I nor my girlfriend could hear that much difference so I figured why keep it around. I might sell off some of my other guitars, too.
If 3 single coils vs 2 humbuckers = no discernable difference I might as well free up some room and keep the guitar that plays the best, which is that SG.
I just restored my '09 MIM Strat to stock and the original pickups suck beyond belief. I wouldn't think a knock-off SG (that looks like the old Agile Valkyrie) would smoke a legit Fender product but it does. Next victim: my MIA Strat with Fat 50s. I remember not loving those pickups the last time I plugged it in.
Oh well, more room and money for me!