AD-3200 B stock

Post here your newest acquisitions and reviews of them.
tobijohn
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:28 am
...Also, I thought the Rondo text about coil splitting was a copy paste error from the humbucker version, but pulling the tone pots does something that increases pickup output, which seems opposite of a coil split or tap. I'll have to open it up and check the wiring to see what exactly that is doing. Coil tap wired backwards?
It's a stacked P90, so little hum in any position but really not much to be gained from splitting as the extra magnet/coil is there to eliminate the hum. However, the push/pulls are good for the series thing...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
Chocol8
Reactions:

Hmmmm. Still seems weird that the output goes up when pulled. I would have wired it the opposite. If I keep the push pulls, I might use them to change tone cap values or maybe do something crazy like turn on and off an onboard buffer.
tobijohn
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:44 pm ...If I keep the push pulls, I might use them to change tone cap values or maybe do something crazy like turn on and off an onboard buffer.
What kind of mod is that? Don't be a luddy duddy! Don't be a moon calf! Don't be a jabbernowl! You're not those, are you?" Make it a manly project and install a Veritone switch...

Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar