I FINALLY GOT A PROPER JAZZ BOX: 1997 HERITAGE GOLDEN EAGLE

Post here your newest acquisitions and reviews of them.
toomanycats
Reactions:

The nearest Gibson equivalent to the Heritage Golden Eagle is the Gibson Citation. The Heritage is a close copy as far as material and construction, though the Gibson has even more embellishment, including binding on the back of the headstock and engraved tuners. The Gibson of course also has its name, so is sells in the price range @mickey and @tobijohn referenced for other super high end big G archtops.

Gibson Citation.
GAT0015_Gibson_Citation.jpg
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I am searching the archives and drives for pics of the Heritage 535 I had. It was beautiful. I have one drive that will not open and I think that is where those pics are stored. I need to take it and get them extracted onto another storage drive.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
toomanycats
Reactions:

There a NOS Golden Eagle tailpiece emblem for sale on Reverb for $325. Sheeesh . . . That’s more than I'm used to paying for an entire guitar! :o

https://reverb.com/item/74954361-nos-he ... c-engraved

sfgm8fvc2gprttxyquzw.jpg
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
tobijohn
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:25 pm There a NOS Golden Eagle tailpiece emblem for sale on Reverb for $325. Sheeesh . . . That’s more than I'm used to paying for an entire guitar! :o
You should contact WD Music or Greasy Groove, both make custom pickguards to spec. Assuming it's plastic, I'd be surprised if they couldn't fabricate one of those for you, probably for around $50 or less:

https://www.wdmusic.com/wd-custom-pickguards.html

https://greasygroove.com/pickguards/gui ... uards.html

There are probably artisans local to you who could do it as well...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

That badge seems expensive but if it adds more than $325 to the value then it is worth it.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
mickey
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:06 pm That badge seems expensive but if it adds more than $325 to the value then it is worth it.
I dunno about the badge but you'd have a very hard time selling a guitar like that to a "Gruhn's" or a "Carter's" without the original hard case!
Sort of a tip off on that expensive a guitar that it is probably hot.

Mickey
Gandalf the Intonationer
honyock
Reactions:

Love the natural look of that
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

That's a beauty @toomanycats but I just can't picture a Rocker that gigs as much as you do playing jazz. :D
toomanycats
Reactions:

redman wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:32 pm That's a beauty @toomanycats but I just can't picture a Rocker that gigs as much as you do playing jazz. :D
You're right, it really is a jazz guitar, and should probably have flat would .13s on it or something like that. I'm still trying to convince myself that I can use it for electric blues, but it's not really the right tool for that job, not at least the way I play them.

T-Bone Walker did play a big jazz box, but he played a different type of blues.

96410704-T-Bone-Walker-1.jpg
tonebender
Reactions:

Ted Nugent does not play a "rock" guitar. He makes it work. Let her rip.
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

@toomanycats and@tonebender I was just teasing I hope that post didn't anger either one of you.
tonebender
Reactions:

redman wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:24 am @toomanycats and@tonebender I was just teasing I hope that post didn't anger either one of you.
No worries, never gave it a thought. I can't speak for tcats but that guitar is not something that fits with my playing, but I can see myself buying it if I ran up on a good deal just for the "horse trading" value. I have bought a lot of instruments or gear over the years that all I intended to do was hold for awhile and sell. Deals are just so few and far between since anyone can google what they have. Pawn shops have practically turned into retail outlets.