NGD

Post here your newest acquisitions and reviews of them.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I stumbled onto this offering from a seller in California.

Funny how over time I seek to simplify things as much as possible. It is your basic worker and covers it all.
LP Jr.jpg
LP Jr 2.jpg
LP Jr 3.jpg
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Rawk machine.

HNGD!
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

NGD = New Garage Door?

Ha! I used to have a Jr. and loved it. Sold it, of course. Doh!
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

@tlarson58 I do need a Genie for one of my garage doors that does not have one. It is slightly redundant with the SG Jr but the strap button is in the right place.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Hard to go wrong with a silver sparkle anything.
Spike
Reactions:

Love that!
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Very nice and I agree simple is better especially the older I get. But the LP Jr's are "simply" badass guitars I know you will love it so congratulations @tonebender.
tonebender
Reactions:

I used it last night at rehearsal exclusively and I am really starting to get my ear adjusted to a bridge pup. For years I spent 98% of my playing time on the neck pup even for leads. There were occasions that the mix was just muddy or something and I would have to hit the bridge to cut through. Eventually I learned to give myself so headroom on my tone knob on the guitar and EQ the amp to a good spot. If the mix got muddy I could roll on some treble. Live and learn, it never ends and the road goes on forever.

This LP Jr is a pleasure to play just like the SG Jr, lightweight and action like butter.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

How did I miss this one? Looks like a winner and definitely up your alley for simple/straightforward/get the job done. Glad it's working out well and that you are charting new water in the tone department.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
tonebender
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:15 pm How did I miss this one? Looks like a winner and definitely up your alley for simple/straightforward/get the job done. Glad it's working out well and that you are charting new water in the tone department.
The evolution of the ear! This thing is starting to feel like a an extension of me. Between the Gibson Goldtone amp and this guitar I am starting to evaluate a lot of my gear for selling. I even showed the Ampeg Reverberocket to someone today and told him I would sell it. I thought I would have that amp until death did us part. It still baffles me that they stay so far under the radar. They are absolute Fender killers. The one I have is part of the series made in the USA. They sell for low as $400 on Reverb. Image that, a made in the USA tube amp that has tone to die for, selling for less than MIC crap that breaks. Reminds me of the Peavey amps when they were made in USA.
SamIV
Reactions:

One of my PRS S2 guitars comes close, but I have not found that guitar yet. Good for you.