Michael Schenker Flying V "Clone"

Post here your newest acquisitions and reviews of them.
Lamf77
Reactions:

The point on the headstock is more Epiphone than Gibson...but for around $300 shipped from the CCP there will be no major gripes here.
Cheaper plastic nut is painted over on both sides, so may just leave in for now. I'd be worried about chipping the paint getting it out. Not sure what upgrades will come first....I am just going to drool for now.
Attachments
front.jpg
back.jpg
FRETPRINTS_MichaelSchenker_01.jpg
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy the new toy.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
slowhand84
Reactions:

Lamf77 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:24 pm The point on the headstock is more Epiphone than Gibson...but for around $300 shipped from the CCP there will be no major gripes here.
Cheaper plastic nut is painted over on both sides, so may just leave in for now. I'd be worried about chipping the paint getting it out. Not sure what upgrades will come first....I am just going to drool for now.
Neat! I have a replica RR Polka Dot V (also MIC) that I rescued from a pawn shop in PA for $200 or so many years ago and it is a surprisingly killer axe. Needed the fret ends rounded but that's about all...very solid hardware and the stock pickups sounded so good I never swapped 'em out.
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

If you really want to swap the nut you could probably get away with some painters tape or masking tape and using an xacto knife or razor blade to cut a seam between the nut and finish.

But killer score dude!
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
toomanycats
Reactions:

Beautiful guitar. Congrats.

Just yesterday I was watching this old MTV interview about Contraband and their cover of "All the Way From Memphis" and marveling at Schenker's authoritative tone and phrasing. The song doesn't truly start to swing until Schenker launches into his main solo. Poor Tracii Guns. All he could answer back with was some generic Hendrix licks. To his credit, Tracii does some great scissor kicks in the video.

Incidentally, I am not totally convinced that Michael Schenker and Rutger Hauer were not sired by the same father (or great, great, great grandfather perhaps).

twins.jpeg
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

MSG all the way! HNGD!
Live life to the fullest! - Rob