My first Yamaha.

Post here your newest acquisitions and reviews of them.
BygDaddy
Reactions:

image.png
image.png
PAC612VIIFM in indigo blue.

I purchased this demo model from Sweetwater. Nice specs.

- grover locking turners
-seymour duncan pickups
-wilkenson trem
-graphtech nut and string trees
-rosewood fingerboard
-alder body

All of this for less than $600. Nice low action. It plays well but haven't fell in love with it yet. Of course I just got it yesterday but I'm usually more excited. Kinda odd what makes you fall in love with an instrument. This is an awesome guitar I hope it grows on me.

My only other electric guitar is my late 90s big apple strat.
image.png
Maybe I'm just a one guitar dude. Ha! Non-sense. I'll just have spend some time with it or return it. Wish me luck. 😃
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

YOWZA! :)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
Milkman
Reactions:

Wow! That’s a beauty to look at, and I love the feel of them too. The sound is a little meh to me, but that’s probably just the stock pickups and the fact that the only one I have access to is in a house where one spouse thinks it’s unreasonable for me to play through the perfectly good 50W JCM 800 that’s sitting there at the appropriate power tube saturating volume.
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
BygDaddy
Reactions:

Milkman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:21 pm Wow! That’s a beauty to look at, and I love the feel of them too. The sound is a little meh to me, but that’s probably just the stock pickups and the fact that the only one I have access to is in a house where one spouse thinks it’s unreasonable for me to play through the perfectly good 50W JCM 800 that’s sitting there at the appropriate power tube saturating volume.
Do you have one of these as well?
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

I'm not a fan of the accentuated big upper horn....but having said that...everything else is gorgeous !
Mossman
Reactions:

Very nice!

I'm going to end up getting a Pacifica one of these days... I like the way they look, and I've always been a big fan of Yamaha gear. You can't go wrong with anything they make... Even at the lowest price points, there's a lot of quality there.

Sometimes a guitar is a sleeper. There's been lots of times that I've owned a guitar or bass that I'm just luke-warm about, and I think about selling it because I'm not all hyped-up excited about owning it, but then one day I pick it up and it sounds magical to me all of a sudden... Or I change the pickups and it's like a whole different guitar. I've never been a big fan of Seymour Duncan pickups, myself... Maybe there's something you'd like better?
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
Gear_Junky
Reactions:

Pacifica 412 was my first good electric guitar back in the 90's. Great value, too. I never did figure out their model numbers, but I think it corresponds to price somehow :mrgreen:
thepezident
Reactions:
Gearlist: I got stuff

:noseg:

jk...

looks nice
golem
Reactions:

The Yamahas are a nice guitar, especially when you get the higher end one. I'm also a fan of the Big Apple series as well.
Milkman
Reactions:

[mention]BygDaddy[/mention] , I don’t have one, but my friend does, and I play it often.
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
AnotherJim
Reactions:
Gearlist: Agile 3010 SE, Epiphone LP Studio, Fender MIM Strat and Tele, Squier Stagemaster, Squier Standard, Peavey Rotor, Samick Arts SG

Sweet looking guitar and sounds like you got a good deal. Congrats!
BygDaddy
Reactions:

It's going back. I really like the neck but that's about it. Got a strat instead. 😁
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

It's a good deal.. I saw that same exact model in same color selling for $1125 IN Bangkok this, week. Looks pretty hot up close.
UrenragK
Reactions:

That looks sweet!

I grabbed a Pacifica at a boot sale, £10, it plays lovely :)
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

BygDaddy wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:02 pm It's going back. I really like the neck but that's about it. Got a strat instead. 😁
Just curious, what did you not like ?
BygDaddy
Reactions:

Tonray's Ghost wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:57 pm
BygDaddy wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:02 pm It's going back. I really like the neck but that's about it. Got a strat instead. 😁
Just curious, what did you not like ?
I didn't care for the pick ups and it wouldn't stay in tune. The nut wasn't cut right and honestly I didn't feel like messing with it. I returned it and got a fender player series strat. Sunburst with a maple feet board.
littlebadboy
Reactions:

Nice guitar! Yammies are solid guitars!

I used to have a Pacifica 112v back in the 90's. It served me so many years. I changed the bridge pickup to a SD Distortion gigged with it for years.

redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Fantastic looking guitar 8-) I've never had a Yamaha electric but I love my FG-TA acoustic they make a great guitar.
Mossman
Reactions:

UrenragK wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:51 am That looks sweet!

Did you buy a pair of boots while you were there? They must have been really cheap if they were selling guitars for £10. ;)
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
UrenragK
Reactions:

Mossman wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:30 pm
UrenragK wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:51 am That looks sweet!

Did you buy a pair of boots while you were there? They must have been really cheap if they were selling guitars for £10. ;)
🤣
Alright, a trunk sale? No, I didn’t buy any second hand budgie smugglers 🤣
golem
Reactions:

Nice! I see a $400 one our local FB marketplace. I must say it is tempting. I've to say I also really like this demo:

BygDaddy
Reactions:

I do think it's a good guitar and great specs but didn't bond with it. I sent it back and bought a mexican strat that I love. Maple neck and tobacco sunburst. Then I bought a Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder. 😜