NGD: PRS S2 Singlecut

Post here your newest acquisitions and reviews of them.
chimi42
Reactions:

I have been on the hunt for a nice single cut for some time now. This happened to come up on Reverb (pretty sure i saw the listing within minutes of it going live). Price was below $1k and when i asked the seller if he would take $100 less he surprisingly said yes!

So up for your consideration is a gorgeous S2 Singlecut in Tobacco sunburst. I'm mainly a bedroom player and for years said there was no point in me buying a USA Prs because their Korean line is SO good. The price of this one was not much more of a used SE one. Came with this sweet case and a set of EMG Hetfield pickups.

Since this was a spur of the moment purchase i was a bit worried the neck may be chunky (especially problematic since i've really only been playing superstrats the last year). Thankfully it's a very nice slim profile. Great QC as one would imagine and the hetfield pickups are not bad. I may have to raise them a bit since i was expecting a bit more bite. Otherwise i'm going to be keeping this one for a while.
Attachments
image0 (6).jpeg
image1 (19).jpeg
image2 (11).jpeg
image3 (9).jpeg
image4 (6).jpeg
caustic69
Reactions:

Wow, that is nice! AND with the pickups and case that is a pretty good deal, Congrats!
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

caustic69 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:08 pm Wow, that is nice! AND with the pickups and case that is a pretty good deal, Congrats!
My wife bought me this for Xmas...S2 Semi Hollow Body...KILLER. :)
Attachments
S2041894-angle-xlarge.jpg
S2041894-backbody-xlarge.jpg
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Dang. Even the case is nice! Looks like you got a good one to me.
caustic69
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:08 pm
caustic69 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:08 pm Wow, that is nice! AND with the pickups and case that is a pretty good deal, Congrats!
My wife bought me this for Xmas...S2 Semi Hollow Body...KILLER. :)
That is a beautiful guitar, love the shade Red!
NickintheStates
Reactions:

Wow man congrats! Great guitar and very well bought. Plus a tasty pickup swap! I’ve been hunting for a USA SC for a while and the S2’s have really tempted me.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Congrats, great deal and nice looking guitar. The S2 line is definitely a sweet spot in the PRS lineup. They have a 594 version now too, hoping some day that they start showing up used too.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )