Goodbye Mr Tufts

Upload your Recordings here...KICK 'EM OUT KAMPERS! :)
toomanycats
Reactions:

Maybe at a later date I'll develop this into a longer composition, but for now it's just a brief and intense outpouring of emotion for a friend that just erupted out of me.

“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
doc-knapp
Reactions:

Beautiful. The emotional vibe reminded me of Maggot Brain.
Partscaster
Reactions:

God bless Mr Tufts.
He looks awesome.
Nice playing for him.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
toomanycats
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:10 pm God bless Mr Tufts.
He looks awesome.
Nice playing for him.

He was truly awesome. Even in that pic from a month ago Tufts exemplifies such dignity, grace, and fortitude . . . in spite of the fact that he was seriously ill. If I can show just a fraction of that courage in the face of my own demise then I might have earned the right to not consider myself a weak, sniveling, egocentric human worm.

I did everything I could to help him. Spent money I don't even have. Pureed his meals in a food processor and fed him with a syringe. Stayed up nights worrying and watching attentively. It wasn't meant to be. God gave him only ten years of life on this earth.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

So sorry to hear about you loss. He looks like he was a an awesome friend.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

I like the piece. Heart wrenching. Time heals all wounds but it hurts really bad right now.

Keep those emotions going. They're therapeutic.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
Partscaster
Reactions:

toomanycats wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:30 am
Partscaster wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:10 pm God bless Mr Tufts.
He looks awesome.
Nice playing for him.

He was truly awesome. Even in that pic from a month ago Tufts exemplifies such dignity, grace, and fortitude . . . in spite of the fact that he was seriously ill. If I can show just a fraction of that courage in the face of my own demise then I might have earned the right to not consider myself a weak, sniveling, egocentric human worm.

I did everything I could to help him. Spent money I don't even have. Pureed his meals in a food processor and fed him with a syringe. Stayed up nights worrying and watching attentively. It wasn't meant to be. God gave him only ten years of life on this earth.
Simon, my last ginger/orange, showed me the same, unable to chew from jaw cancer. Could be hand fed liquidy food for the last couple months. And he still purred, hunted his jungle yard, remained the bosscat with abnormally big jaw, until it had spread so much into is lunges his breathing started failing. No wonder the Egyptians worshipped them.
We'll be lucky if we're allowed to hang out with them in the ever-after.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."