If You Like Classic Metal, Then You May Dig This

Upload your Recordings here...KICK 'EM OUT KAMPERS! :)
toomanycats
Reactions:

I've been sitting on this one for a couple of years. The music was done but I just couldn't come up with anything vocally. I shared it with a couple singers I know and they fiddled around with it, though I was still never able to bring it to completion.

Going into this past weekend I made a pact with myself: Come hell or high water I would have this song completed with vocals before Monday. I almost met my self-imposed deadline, but it was still not what I wanted it to be by Sunday evening. So I slept on it. I needed just a little distance, even if it was as little as a nights sleep. My mind was surely still mulling the song over while my body rested.

I woke up this morning, fed the cats, drank a pot of coffee, fed the birds and squirrels, then got back to work on it. What I needed to complete it just seemed to flow out of me after a nights sleep.

I used my EVH 5150 Standard on this song. The amp was a Marshall DSL5CR, which I micd with a Shure 57.

“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

This is man with toomanyhats, cats, birds and squirrels. I liked it very much, but I'm afraid I always thought classic metal was like brushed nickel or tarnished silver.