Floyd effort

Upload your Recordings here...KICK 'EM OUT KAMPERS! :)
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

I've been listening and re-listening to Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly" and thought thatI'd give it a go. It's a long song so I super-condenced it.

No vocals (you're welcome).

I think the drums came out cool. It's a rock track burned off YouTube and mixed in with a cajon track lifted fthe same way (screen recorder). Line up the beats and there ya go. Kinda sounds like the crazy drumming on the record.

Anyway, here ya go. All 10 tracks...

Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Tasty licks you played there. I have never tried that song, we have covered Wish You Were Here, Have A Cigar and Comfortably Numb over the years. Floyd is always a challenge.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

tonebender wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:59 am Tasty licks you played there. I have never tried that song, we have covered Wish You Were Here, Have A Cigar and Comfortably Numb over the years. Floyd is always a challenge.
Thanks, Jeff :) The song is 75% G and Em. I must have tried that solo 30 times. 'Finaly gave up and used the third effort which was a lot of noodling. For some reason, I landed on the root note more than other efforts.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO