Folsom effort. Wanna try one?

Upload your Recordings here...KICK 'EM OUT KAMPERS! :)
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

I listened to a live track of us playing Folsom Prison Blues and was appalled at my off-the-cuff solo so I worked something out for next time. It was harder than I thought it would be. I kept the original lick (because people recogzine it) but then did my own thing. There are definate gaps between sections. It's a work in progress.

I'd like to hear your effort but am unsure how you'd go about transfering the below backing track to your DAW (besides screen recording it, burning it down as an MP3 and then importing it into your program).

Backing track

My effort
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Sound great Tommy! That song was always on the set list and the crowd is always pleased.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
toomanycats
Reactions:

I've got this to share. It's the same I, IV, V progression in E as Cash's tune, though I honesty wasn't specifically thinking of Folsom when I was riffing on it. It was just a county sounding thing I was getting off on playing and embellishing with some 7th chords and bluesy pentatonic minor fills à la Jimmy Page. If I'm not mistaken, I just described the formula for rockabilly.

“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer