Some Slide Guitar For A Change

Upload your Recordings here...KICK 'EM OUT KAMPERS! :)
toomanycats
Reactions:

I don't consider myself much of a slide player. I know guys who really are great. Like anything else, it's something you've got to dedicate some serious time and study to, which I haven't. I bought a glass slide many years ago on 48th Street in NYC, with the intention of allocating the time to get my slide playing together. What I've mostly learned in that time is that my fingers keep getting fatter as the years progress, and the slide subsequently becomes increasingly more difficult to wear.

The greatest insight I've received about slide playing is through listening to a Warren Haynes instructional book and CD I borrowed from a friend. Like Warren, I play slide mostly in standard tuning, like on this tune.

“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Nice work TMC
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Subtle and effective.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
toomanycats
Reactions:

tlarson58 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:52 pm Subtle and effective.

Thanks. Yes, it's a very simple I, IV, V blues structure on this tune. I tried to add some interesting bass lines and other syncopated stuff to keep it musically interesting throughout. I actually worked up an entire different version of the tune that had more of a Santana meets Allman Brothers feeling, with an intro, recurring guitar melody, Hammond organ, and long jam at the end, but Amanda preferred the simpler version.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer