50 Beans and a Cheese Danish

Upload your Recordings here...KICK 'EM OUT KAMPERS! :)
Narsh
Reactions:
Gearlist: Main Guitars: Kiesel Aries 7, Kiesel SCB6H,
Main Bass: Yamaha TRBX305
Main Amps: Kemper Profiler, AxeFX II XL+, Neural DSP Parallaxe
Recording: MAC,Reaper, Focusrite 8i8 Gen3, JBL LSR308
And much, much, more...

Hey all,

Been a week or so since I went into the mad scientist's lab to tinker around. I'm nowhere near done but this is where I am at now.
Lots of changes here.

I am using GGD Invasion as opposed to GGD Massive which makes the drums sound real AFK if you ask me. I'm also using Slate Digital plugins for the mixing this time around. Still learning but they do add some nice color to the overall mix.

I purposely went all over the place with this tune, hopefully covering a lot of ground in terms of styles I usually record.

Anyway, hope you guys like it, let me know your thoughts!

redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

You nailed it again however that title is a bit different LOL good job I love to here your music. I think I'll post another of ours
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Good stuff!
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Narsh
Reactions:
And much, much, more...

Thanks fellas, I’m still not happy with it. Not feeling that snare and I think the drums are just too loud. I’m currently upgrading to Mac OS Ventura so we’ll see after that what I do. I may go back to GGD Massive since I like the tighter scooped tones of those drums despite these sounding so dang real.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

The drums do kinda stand out a bit. Nice job. As you mentioned, there is a lot going on with the piece. Trying to keep up with the guitar parts was tough in spots.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
Narsh
Reactions:
And much, much, more...

Taking the dog for a walk and headed back in the lab.
Narsh
Reactions:
And much, much, more...

New Mix with GGD Modern and Massive which suits my stuff a lot better if you ask me.
I did leave the Invasion Funk kit in the slow chill vibey section though.
toomanycats
Reactions:

Regarding the title, I'm hearing that as is, "Give me a box of glazed donuts and a bottle of anything to go." That's because I know you're a Via fanatic, and Steve is wedded to DLR in my brain. I was recently reminded of how outside the box Via could be when listening to Flex-Able for the first time in many years. That's how I perceive "50 Beans and Cheese Danish."
Or . . . "Hot Dog and a Shake" off DLR's Skyscraper album.
Musically speaking it reminds me of Vai's "Blue Powder," which I first heard on a flexidisk inserted in an issue of Guitar Player magazine. It was really a disguised advertisement for Carlin amps. It's all over the map in a frenetic, but good way.
Regarding the drums, the snare did seem a little loud and consistently mechanical during the pretty breakdown part.
“There are only two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats!” Albert Schweitzer
Narsh
Reactions:
And much, much, more...

toomanycats wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:26 am Regarding the title, I'm hearing that as is, "Give me a box of glazed donuts and a bottle of anything to go." That's because I know you're a Via fanatic, and Steve is wedded to DLR in my brain. I was recently reminded of how outside the box Via could be when listening to Flex-Able for the first time in many years. That's how I perceive "50 Beans and Cheese Danish."
Or . . . "Hot Dog and a Shake" off DLR's Skyscraper album.
Musically speaking it reminds me of Vai's "Blue Powder," which I first heard on a flexidisk inserted in an issue of Guitar Player magazine. It was really a disguised advertisement for Carlin amps. It's all the map in a frenetic, but good way.
Regarding the drums, the snare did seem a little loud and consistently mechanical during the pretty breakdown part.
As always definitely appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. It’s hard for me to escape the via or watch influence but it’s there. Can’t hide it. But man Blue Powder is a masterpiece. One of my favorite songs off P&W. I still don’t know how Steve got his Carvin amps to sound the way they did on that record. They weren’t heavy, they were spungy and tight.

Funny you mentioned the snare in that middle section. I used GGD Massive (which I’ve been using for years now) on everything but that slow section. I used the funk kit from GGD Invasion. I was going for a “Lofi vibe” and thought something like a drum machine would fit. So mission accomplished so to speak.