My Christmas present to myself

Upload your Recordings here...KICK 'EM OUT KAMPERS! :)
Kerry Brown
Reactions:

I bought an Epiphone Swingster. I had been looking at hollow bodies for several months. This came up on sale for $300 off with six months no interest, couldn't resist. I'm trying my hand at jazz improvising. Not very effective yet, lots of mistakes in here. The chords are from Gershwin's I Got Rhythm.I'm much better at rhythm than lead. The bass is also fairly new. I got it a few months ago when I sold a Stratocaster.

pdcorlis
Reactions:

That looks like fun! Can you shed some light on pups and playability?

BTW - I wholeheartedly support self gifting at any time of the year, but especially Christmas.
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Sounds and looks good to me, HNGD and thanks for sharing the tune!
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
redman
Reactions:
Gearlist: Gibson LP, Agile PS900, SX Tele, SX Strat, PRS SE Zach Myers Yamaha FGX830c, Yamaha LL16, Yamaha LL26, Eastman E10D, Tobias Bass, Squire CV 60's P Bass

Great looking guitar and the recording is great as well so HNGD to you I know you'll enjoy it.
Kerry Brown
Reactions:

I don't play a lot of slide but this guitar seems built for it.
OMB
Reactions:

Swinging with the Swingster
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!
Kerry Brown
Reactions:

pdcorlis wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:18 pm That looks like fun! Can you shed some light on pups and playability?
Pickups are called Swingbuckers. As far as I know they are only available with this guitar. They are standard humbuckers but the coils are wired in parallel like a Gretsch. If you pull up the tone pot it switches to serial like a normal humbucker. It sounds and plays very Gretsch like. The pickups get quite dark and full with some gain., especially in serial mode. The tone is exactly what I was hoping for. I used to have a Korean Gretsch 5120. It was a while ago but this guitar seems to have the same tone plus more options.

As for playability I like it a lot. It has a Gibson scale, 20 frets, 14” radius neck with a fairly slim D profile. I really like the Chet Atkins wire Bigsby arm. The Bigsby is one of the few I’ve played that stays in tune. I haven’t weighed it but it is very light. It is comfortable sitting or standing. My only quibble is tuning is an iterative process which is to be expected with any type of tremolo bridge. Once turned, it stays in tune.