Authentication issues

UPDATED 4/18/2024...

He's BACK Ladies and Germs! "LightWingStudios" is BACK! :)

Patrick
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Anyone having issues with staying authenticated? All of a sudden it seems that literally going from page to page, or even a page refresh logs me back out. Win 10/Chrome and no major changes from my end recently.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
Partscaster
Reactions:

That comes and goes for me. Might be good for a couple weeks,..then may need to re-enter name&pw 3 times in a week.
I figure its Momo demons reaching into our dream land.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
mickey
Reactions:

Never seen it, but I've not used Windoze since the past century. :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
Chocol8
Reactions:

It happens to me on iPhones, iPads, and chrome on Windows 10. It is really annoying.
uwmcscott
Reactions:

Chocol8 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:30 pm It happens to me on iPhones, iPads, and chrome on Windows 10. It is really annoying.
What's odd is that my iphone works perfectly and stays logged in for days at a crack. Ipad is half and half and the PC is literally every single time I move from page to page right now. In fact I'll need to log in again to post this message most likely.
Chocol8
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:10 pm
Chocol8 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:30 pm It happens to me on iPhones, iPads, and chrome on Windows 10. It is really annoying.
What's odd is that my iphone works perfectly and stays logged in for days at a crack. Ipad is half and half and the PC is literally every single time I move from page to page right now. In fact I'll need to log in again to post this message most likely.
My phone will stay logged in for a month, and then it will not stay logged in for an hour. iPad and PC are the same. Sometimes they work for a stretch, other times they don’t.
fatjack
Reactions:

I have some issues. Honestly I assumed it was between the router here and my wireless card as that has issues as well.
solteroblues
Reactions:

yesterday I had to log back in here for the first time that I can remember. My iphone logs me randomly at least once a week from various websites. My laptop forgets who I am constantly, and I'm always having to reverify (2-factor - send a message to my phone crap) my identity on most websites other than here.
UrenragK
Reactions:

I’m all Mac, and very rarely have to re-authenticate
Mossman
Reactions:

I never get logged out on my computer, but I always get logged out on my cell phone. I assume it's after 2 hours of inactivity, but I can't say for sure. Clicking "remember me" doesn't seem to do any good.
Finally escaping the People's Republic of Kalifornia!

BANNED BY MOMO
Chocol8
Reactions:

The authentication issues are getting much worse lately. It won’t stay logged in, and now it frequently rejects my username and password even though they are being automatically filled by a password manager. No typos, and the password manager has worked for years on every other site, so it has to be an AGF issue.
mickey
Reactions:

Strange! Never happened to me, so far.

Can you tell us more?

What sort of equipment? phone? tablet? computer?
What operating system?

I'm on an Intel i7 desktop with 20gig of ram running Linux Mint & have never had this problem.
Gandalf the Intonationer
Chocol8
Reactions:

iPhone and iPad have been really bad this last week. Latest iOS on both.

I haven’t tried with Windows in a while.
uwmcscott
Reactions:

I was getting logged out literally every time I would move from page to page for a while, but traced that down to a Dual-Wan router issue.

Having said that, even now that I am only on a single WAN for this segment of the network, I still get timed out after a period of inactivity, not exactly sure how long but if I step away and comeback I have to log in again even though I have 'remember me' checked.

For reference I'm on Win10/Chrome ( both latest versions/updated ). I also keep the site fully whitelisted/trusted in any security plugins.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

No issues here.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
OMB
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:19 pm No issues here.
Ditto
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!
Partscaster
Reactions:

2 days ago I had to type in name and PW 5 times, or so.
Now its fine, again.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
UrenragK
Reactions:

I really cannot figure what the issue is here, I use 2 Macs, and iPad Pro, and iPhone, and rarely get asked to reauthenticate,

Usually these issues a re caused by corrupted cookies, may be worth searching out the AGF cookies, getting rid of them and getting a fresh one.
Partscaster
Reactions:

Its the ghost of Old AGF, as it's spirit cant rest with MoFo's stench still smothering it.
Chocol8
Reactions:

This is on an iPad mini. The login info is filled in by the 1Password app which doesn’t make typos, and has worked on every other website for years. It just took three tries before I could log on...
DD279F76-80AA-482D-8CE0-15BA97421D05.png
UrenragK
Reactions:

@Chocol8 Can you try clearing the cookie?
Chocol8
Reactions:

UrenragK wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:15 pm @Chocol8 Can you try clearing the cookie?
no change.
Partscaster
Reactions:

FWIW,
I had a borage of needing to sign in yesterday afternoon. I probably had 5-6 sign-in requests within 45 minutes.
It might go nuts more when posting? IDK. I did post and edit for a bit while it was occurring. I'm not complaining about it. Just reporting it.
I want to thank the admins for volunteering to run this nice forum. If its a persistent glitch, so be it.
I'm glad to have this nice place and crowd to check out guitar geekery with.
LancerTheGreat
Reactions:
Gearlist: -Guitars-
Gibson Dave Mustaine Flying V EXP
ESP LTD DV8R Dave Mustaine Signature Model
ESP LTD V401DX
Agile AL3100
Kit Explorer
Jackson JS32RR
TWANG Tele
Samick Strat
Firefly Semi-Hollow Tele
Globe Dove Copy

-Amps-
Orange OR-15 (Head)
EVH 112 (Cabinet)
Bugera 1960 Infinium (Head)
Bugera 412 (Cabinet)
Peavey VTX Classic 212 (Combo)
Laney Mini-ST Lionheart Practice Amp

I've been having the same issues for a while too, I usually just get signed back in and as long as I'm actively using the site it doesn't sign me out. That's Firefox and Chrome on windows 10, Firefox, Chrome, and Samsung Internet on latest Android, Chrome and Firefox on an Ubuntu distro, Chrome and Firefox on an unknown Linux distro (seemed like a modified mint), tried on a VM of osx with safari too. Same results across the board, cleared all of my cookies and caches, and cleared my login tokens.

I'm not too worried about it though, it works and it takes me less than 5 seconds to be logged in and right back looking at whatever I was trying to look at.
~Formerly LookingDownTheCross~
SamIV
Reactions:

I have had the issue since day one. I use an iPhone. Not a big deal to me as I have become accustomed to it. We still have the AGF site so I can’t complain. I had nothing to do with keeping It running, so no issues on my end.