SITE WIDE UPDATE: "Styles" FIXED! 7/22/20 11:15AM EST

UPDATED 4/18/2024...

He's BACK Ladies and Germs! "LightWingStudios" is BACK! :)

Patrick
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

UrenragK wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:50 am
mozz wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:14 pm When i hit "new posts", it takes me to a list of new posts. But i can not see what category the new posts are in?
If you use unread posts, under the title it says Posted In: . . .

So it does show you the section it is in.

It doesn’t show the summary section, just the actual one that it was posted in if a sub forum is selected.
Not on a PC. It does on a phone. Weird?
Unread-Posts.jpg
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
mozz
Reactions:

Yes, just noticed on the phone it shows the category but not on the PC. No biggie.
AGF refugee
UrenragK
Reactions:

*Skulks back into the code*
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

[mention]UrenragK[/mention] and [mention]mozz[/mention] ...IT DOES NOW!

In "Quick Links" Your Posts, New Posts, Unread Posts, Unanswered Topics and Active Topics! :)

Post-Location-In-New-Posts.jpg
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

mozz
Reactions:

Excellent.
AGF refugee
UrenragK
Reactions:

UPDATES:

1) I've tightened up the header spacing as much as I can, it is a little smaller now.
2) Phone users should not get the site logo taking up half the screen now, I have removed it from the responsive phone style.

Any issues with these items please report in reply to this topic :)

Thanks!

Rich
Spike
Reactions:

Thanks [mention]UrenragK[/mention] once again. Your diligence and hard work is greatly appreciated!
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

Rich...

"1) I've tightened up the header spacing as much as I can, it is a little smaller now."

Give it a bit more space as the bottom of the logo is being cut off. PC/Win 10 Pro/Chrome

UrenragK
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:52 am Rich...

"1) I've tightened up the header spacing as much as I can, it is a little smaller now."

Give it a bit more space as the bottom of the logo is being cut off. PC/Win 10 Pro/Chrome
How's that?
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

UrenragK wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:01 am
LightWingStudios wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:52 am Rich...

How's that?
Still being cutoff on the bottom a bit. Top of GREY panel needs to be lower a tad or two.
Attachments
Board Header.jpg

UrenragK
Reactions:

Can you flush cache and reload just to make sure because I have added padding and it looks spot on here
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

UrenragK wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:33 am Can you flush cache and reload just to make sure because I have added padding and it looks spot on here
PERFECT and thanks! :)

PsychoCid
Reactions:

Okay so the header is completely unuseable by phone now. With that orange bar added, it is impossible to click on the forum. So, I literally cannot see any threads that aren't in unread or new. Cause I can't go to guitars, or to the water cooler.

See where it says Welcome and Board De? Unclickable.
Screenshot_20200805-230001.png
Also, can we get quotes to auto-shrink? I'm really not thrilled with having to scroll past the same 6 pages of quotes every time two people keep replying to each other. And, having the like button at the bottom of the post instead of the top would literally cut down half the time I spend on agf. I could read and like twice as many threads if that weren't a problem.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

PsychoCid wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:02 pm Okay so the header is completely unuseable by phone now. With that orange bar added, it is impossible to click on the forum. So, I literally cannot see any threads that aren't in unread or new. Cause I can't go to guitars, or to the water cooler.

Also, can we get quotes to auto-shrink? I'm really not thrilled with having to scroll past the same 6 pages of quotes every time two people keep replying to each other. And, having the like button at the bottom of the post instead of the top would literally cut down half the time I spend on agf. I could read and like twice as many threads if that weren't a problem.
1) No. 2) Turn your phone horizontally. 3) Maybe but NOT a big deal. 4) Click on "Unread Posts"

UrenragK
Reactions:

PsychoCid wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:02 pm Okay so the header is completely unuseable by phone now. With that orange bar added, it is impossible to click on the forum. So, I literally cannot see any threads that aren't in unread or new. Cause I can't go to guitars, or to the water cooler.

Point 1) I've re-enabled the logo, there's nothing else I can do.

Point 2) I'll look into quote options, there is the mention option available to users, and people 'could' be a little less quote happy - cut the quote down to the bit being responded to.

Point 3) Moving the like function - unfortunately a very difficult thing to do and would potentially risk stability. I don't want to impact service to the community for this, but I will continue to investigate what options we have.
UrenragK
Reactions:

UPDATE: Smilies tidied up to remove white halo pixels
PsychoCid
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:55 am

1) No. 2) Turn your phone horizontally. 3) Maybe but NOT a big deal. 4) Click on "Unread Posts"
Not speaking for anybody else, but if this is humor it falls flat. Greatly appreciate what you've done to set up, but after that the attitude is not a great suit. I am trusting you more and more like Momo these days.

If the response to "your website doesn't work" is "then only use the buttons that do," it's pretty questionable.
PsychoCid
Reactions:

UrenragK wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:54 am

Point 1) I've re-enabled the logo, there's nothing else I can do.

Point 2) I'll look into quote options, there is the mention option available to users, and people 'could' be a little less quote happy - cut the quote down to the bit being responded to.

Point 3) Moving the like function - unfortunately a very difficult thing to do and would potentially risk stability. I don't want to impact service to the community for this, but I will continue to investigate what options we have.
Thanks for being a good mod and a decent human being!

The banner fixes the buttons, so it is now possible to see more than one forum. That is pretty useful, for a forum website 🤣

Explaining why the other standards are a challenge here is also right kind of you. Sure beats the pants off crapping on customers.
UrenragK
Reactions:

[mention]PsychoCid[/mention] Glad the header has fixed the navigation, there isn't much I can do about that more than is done, it's a multi-platform site and I've balanced the padding as much as possible. :)
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

PsychoCid wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:30 am
LightWingStudios wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:55 am

Not speaking for anybody else, but if this is humor it falls flat. Greatly appreciate what you've done to set up, but after that the attitude is not a great suit. I am trusting you more and more like Momo these days.

If the response to "your website doesn't work" is "then only use the buttons that do," it's pretty questionable.
No, it's not humor. Just pointing out functions you apparently hadn't discovered yet...re: "Unread Posts". Turning your phone Horizontally allows for more "Screen Real Estate" hence more info displayed. We've made more than enough MODS to the site to please just about everyone bearing in mind there are trade offs between PC/MAC, Tablet and Phone hardware platforms. We're not running with an unlimited development budget here. As a matter of fact all this work is being done voluntarily at no cost. Keep in mind that you have hardware options on your end and that not everyone comes here to view/post using a Star Trek Communicator with a 3" x 5" screen. If you feel the platform does not suit your needs or liking you are more than free to leave and go elsewhere. And if that's the case, "Take it easy but take it". Maybe increasing your hydroxychloroquine daily dosage will help.