SITE WIDE UPDATE: New Default Style 7/20/20 10:20PM EST

UPDATED 4/18/2024...

He's BACK Ladies and Germs! "LightWingStudios" is BACK! :)

Patrick
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

I am in the "why the giant logo at the top of every post?" crowd, but aside from that, no complaints.

I am still just thrilled that you guys did this after the Momo debacle. Thanks again!
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
UrenragK
Reactions:

[mention]Rollin Hand[/mention] I’m working on the padding of the logo, but because it is a responsive site now, it’s very challenging, it’s not just a bit of HTML header.

Will sort it if at all possible, but I don’t want to risk stability cross platforms. 👍🏻
mikesr1963
Reactions:

Dig it.
fullonshred
Reactions:

THANK YOU for all the hard work!

Funny thing and it may be cleared by clearing my cookies, as I navigate and go forward and back on the site, the Theme is changing from the new theme to the blue theme, and back. : )
UrenragK
Reactions:

[mention]fullonshred[/mention]

Go to your User Control Panel, Board Preferences, select "Milk v2" from the "My board style" drop down menu and click "Submit". Page should refresh in a few seconds.
t100d
Reactions:
Gearlist: '62 Guild T100D Slim Jim
'76 Ibanez 2405 Custom Agent
2004 Ibanez SA220EX
2009 Douglas WNO 630
2019 Peavey JF1
2021 Indio Retro Tele

'70 Gianninni Craviola

Córdoba Mini II EB-CE
Aria A542F
Takamine TC132SC
Rivera BC-394C

'70's Hohner PJ fretless bass
'84 Ibanez Roadstar II bass w/ SX Ursa neck

YouRock Midi guitar

Fender Acoustasonic 40
Fender Mustang III
Vox DA5
Monoprice 40W SS w/ 10" speaker

Great work, even if it looks a little like Ubuntu on steroids! I agree that the main header is too large, and it might be nice to tone down the colors a little (kinda tiring to my ancient eyes during a prolonged visit 😎)—also I wonder how it's working for anybody with color vision issues …

All in all, though, four cheers for all your hard work, it's getting better day by day 🥳🤩👍👏
"Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it."
Spike
Reactions:

Ok team, I really hope you can help me out here ([mention]LightWingStudios[/mention] [mention]UrenragK[/mention] ). I cleared my browser history/cache, logged back in and changed my board preference to Quick Silver and I get this:
1.JPG
All Good
Then I click o a thread and get this:
3.JPG
Still all good
Then I click on this and other threads and get this:
4.JPG
GACK!!!
I just want my original Quick Silver theme back. any suggestions? Again, I really appreciate all you all are doing for us but I really just want the old default back.
Thanks.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
UrenragK
Reactions:

Go to your User Control Panel, Board Preferences, select the theme you want from the "My board style" drop down menu and click "Submit". Page should refresh in a few seconds.

Clear your cache, and restart your browser,

It should sort it, it is absolutely a cache issue.
fullonshred
Reactions:

I set to theme Pro Silver, cleared all cookies, closed Firefox and reopened Firefox, logged in and got the Pro Silver Theme. As soon as I click on a Thread I get the New Milk/Dark Theme. I check my Theme and it is still set to Pro Silver in User Control Panel. I will just switch to Milk and see how it goes.

I feel like a jerk for even mentioning it. My apologies.
fullonshred
Reactions:

I switched to absolution to see what it looked like. It is unusable and now my Control Panel doesn't work and I cant switch back. Man I feel dumb.
mickey
Reactions:

fullonshred wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:06 pm I set to theme Pro Silver, cleared all cookies, closed Firefox and reopened Firefox, logged in and got the Pro Silver Theme. As soon as I click on a Thread I get the New Milk/Dark Theme. I check my Theme and it is still set to Pro Silver in User Control Panel. I will just switch to Milk and see how it goes.

I feel like a jerk for even mentioning it. My apologies.
Milk v2 is the only one I've tried that isn't buggy.
Gandalf the Intonationer
mickey
Reactions:

fullonshred wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:11 pm I switched to absolution to see what it looked like. It is unusable and now my Control Panel doesn't work and I cant switch back. Man I feel dumb.
One of the Admins will have to reset your selection.
Poodles & I both did that earlier.
Gandalf the Intonationer
fullonshred
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:13 pm
fullonshred wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:11 pm I switched to absolution to see what it looked like. It is unusable and now my Control Panel doesn't work and I cant switch back. Man I feel dumb.
One of the Admins will have to reset your selection.
Poodles & I both did that earlier.
Thank You!
UrenragK
Reactions:

Reset for you [mention]fullonshred[/mention] 👍🏻

It’s late in the UK, I will try to remove the bad options and look closer at the odd behaviour tomorrow!
Spike
Reactions:

UrenragK wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:40 pm Go to your User Control Panel, Board Preferences, select the theme you want from the "My board style" drop down menu and click "Submit". Page should refresh in a few seconds.

Thanks for the advice but I did exactly that before I posted my help plea.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
UrenragK
Reactions:

Okay, as above I’ll take a look tomorrow, sorry the tank is empty for tonight!

Please bear with us.
mickey
Reactions:

Spike wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:43 pm
UrenragK wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:40 pm Go to your User Control Panel, Board Preferences, select the theme you want from the "My board style" drop down menu and click "Submit". Page should refresh in a few seconds.

It doesn't work right for me either.
The dark one is the only one that seems bug free on my system.
It is "Milk v2" on the "My board style" menu.
Gandalf the Intonationer
Partscaster
Reactions:

Its nice on the eyes. text pops, pics pop, eyes relax. Thank you.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
OMB
Reactions:

Ahhhh this is good. Avatar on left. Dark. Sweet!
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:47 pm
Spike wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:43 pm

It doesn't work right for me either.
The dark one is the only one that seems bug free on my system.
It is "Milk v2" on the "My board style" menu.
I fixed Mickey' Board Preference. He had selected one we no longer use after Testing it. Even tho it was removed from the Server, it appears there is an entry for it still there.

We'll figure out how to get rid of it to clear up any confusion.

SOOOOO...to be clear, there are ONLY TWO Styles for the Board: Original is "prosilver" and new one is "Milk v2". Selecting anything else, until we clean it up in the DB, will result in a FUBAR looking interface.
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
zisme
Reactions:

yeah. i accidentally clicked on the h20 style and now I'm stuck in the FUBAR. can't seem to navigate back to the user control panel. any way to reset? help!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

*edit* nm. i fixed it. i would definitely delete the "absolution" and "h20" options if possible

as far as the new theme. cool!
frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

I wonder if somethign needs to be done to my profile as well - I had selected a couple of the "other" themes earlier in the day. Now if I select Milkv2, everything is gray/red. If i switch back to prosilver, only the main index pages are silver but drilling down into individual forum pages stay red. Clearing cache doesn't seem to allow all pages to display in prosilver. I'll try on my phone and see if it carried over there too.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

uwmcscott wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:40 pm I wonder if somethign needs to be done to my profile as well - I had selected a couple of the "other" themes earlier in the day. Now if I select Milkv2, everything is gray/red. If i switch back to prosilver, only the main index pages are silver but drilling down into individual forum pages stay red. Clearing cache doesn't seem to allow all pages to display in prosilver. I'll try on my phone and see if it carried over there too.
I updated your Board Preference to the new one "Milk v2". Switch to "prosilver" if you want.
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
fullonshred
Reactions:

Spike wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:34 pm Ok team, I really hope you can help me out here (@LightWingStudios @UrenragK ). I cleared my browser history/cache, logged back in and changed my board preference to Quick Silver and I get this:
1.JPG
All Good
Then I click o a thread and get this:
3.JPG
Still all good
Then I click on this and other threads and get this:
4.JPG
GACK!!!
I just want my original Quick Silver theme back. any suggestions? Again, I really appreciate all you all are doing for us but I really just want the old default back.
Thanks.
I was set up for Pro Silver Theme. The pictures you show are exactly what I am experiencing right now. Except Login Page is Milk Theme, Posts List is Silver Theme, then when I click ANY link to get into the thread it is back to Milk Theme. It works fine, it's just a little weird. We were warned that attempts to use/create anything other than the Board default might lead to glitches. : )

I just reset to Milk v2 and now everything is dark theme. I will likely leave it here as it is just simpler at this point.
DonM
Reactions:

Rocked me a little at first, but I like it.