SITE WIDE UPDATE: New Default Style 7/20/20 10:20PM EST

UPDATED 4/18/2024...

He's BACK Ladies and Germs! "LightWingStudios" is BACK! :)

Patrick
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

UPDATE! The old "Default Style" is available for use should you like to. Access your User Control Panel, Board Preferences, select "prosilver" from the "My Board Style" drop down menu and click "Submit". In a few seconds the Style will update and be refreshed on you device!

We've implemented a NEW default look to The New AGF Board!

1) Colorful yet offers a bit of the "Dark Side" as requested

2) THE #1 Member Requested Feature....AVATARS ARE NOW ON THE LEFT SIDE!!!! :)

3) More On AVATARS! They have been REDUCED on the board software size to 150px X 150px. This seems to only apply to NEW AVATARS so if you want yours smaller, delete your exiting one, edit it (I dropped mine down by 50% using MS Paint) and re-upload it!

4) The new "Style" is also VERY MOBILE friendly too.

5) This new "Style" has SIXTEEN DIFFERENT Color Schemes too so I may be rotating them in and out until I settle on one in particular so don't get your panties up in a bunch. :)

6) Once one of the sixteen is selected as the new Default Style, I will re-enable the original "Pro-Silver" Style and you can opt to select that as YOUR DEFAULT in your User Control Panel if you don't like the new Default Style.

Let us know what you think.

A YUGE THANK YOU TO RICH GARNER ( [mention]UrenragK[/mention] ) IN THE U.K FOR DEVELOPING THE NEW AGF LOGO, FINDING THIS STYLE AND LENDING HIS SKILLS IN IMPLEMENTATION. 8-)
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Visit Us At https://www.LightWingStudios.com

Email us at contact@LightWingStudios.com
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

I must have hit the site right when you applied the change...freaked me out for a minute! Still talking it in...thanks for all your work
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
Flatline
Reactions:

Nice!
PsychoCid
Reactions:

Thanks guys! Liking the color scheme better.

Avatars have already been on the left side for me, since like day 3...
Razzle
Reactions:
Gearlist: 2010 AL-2000 Goldtop Floyd
2013 AL-3200 Purple Quilt Floyd semi-custom
2017 AL-3100mcc Lemonburst Quilt Floyd

Awesome!!! Gotta try it when I get off this damn phone drinking margaritas at this Mexican joint.
JeffBeck
Reactions:

msc_
Reactions:

Looks great! I thought we were hacked for a moment, but saw your post.
Texas Slim
Reactions:

Esta es mas bueno
slowhand84
Reactions:

I hope I don't offend anyone here (think I can speak for everyone when I say I'm certainly SUPER grateful for Patrick's and everyone else's hard work keeping us alive here!) but since our feedback was requested here are my opinions:

I love the "darker" look in general, but with the bright orange there's a Halloween vibe that isn't really working for me...and having the huge moving banner on top that takes up 1/3 of the screen until I scroll is a little dizzying and messes with the flow of the layout. The logo is well done but I feel like the whole "flame graphic on a LP" thing is a little much...would be cool to have an Agile style guitar there if possible just to kinda throw it back to our roots a bit, or at the very least a more plain guitar that doesn't incorporate the hot rod flame graphics.

Avatars on the left are a great change too, looks much nicer that way.

Thanks again and keep up the awesome work!!
TVvoodoo
Reactions:

Whoa! This is different!
Endless source of eye-rolling dad jokes, aspiring empty-nester, custom strap-maker https://reverb.com/ca/shop/well-hung-guitar-accessories
rrobbone
Reactions:

ccf3tao.gif
"What is this place? Where am I?"
mozz
Reactions:

Wow.
EDIT: still need to shrink my avatar
AGF refugee
Spike
Reactions:

Wow. Well... since you aksed, avatars on left, yes thank you. The new color scheme? HELP!!! How can I change it back to the original default!!! Maybe like others have said, the orange really kills it for me. Dark theme is cool but it seems... loud to me if that makes sense. Feels like a dark theme should be softer. It just feels to me that AGF is yelling at me instead of welcoming me.

But as alway, thanks for the time and hard work you all are putting in to our new home.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift
Steve Prefontaine
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:20 am Wow.
EDIT: still need to shrink my avatar
You need to do that yourself and re-upload it. Avatars have been reset in the board to 150px x 150px to reduce them but that doesn't seem to effect existing ones.
U.S. Manufacturer Of Musical Instrument Protection Accessories: AxeShield HD, AxeSak HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, PedalShield HD, MixShield HD, AxeGlove And AxeCap.

Milkman
Reactions:

The purple/turquoise is good.

There was one colour scheme, in which no text was visible.... not great!
"Everything works if you let it." - Travis W. Redfish

Joined AGF April 10, 2013
glasshand
Reactions:

So is this the "default" display scheme, or the only one? I looked around to see if there were other options, but I couldn't find any.

I don't mean to seem unappreciative, I just find purple and turquoise on dark gray kind of less readable...
mickey
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:01 am So is this the "default" display scheme, or the only one? I looked around to see if there were other options, but I couldn't find any.

I don't mean to seem unappreciative, I just find purple and turquoise on dark gray kind of less readable...
Less readable to me too.

This is beginning to look like the 1960's........psycho-delic! :(
Gandalf the Intonationer
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:01 am So is this the "default" display scheme, or the only one? I looked around to see if there were other options, but I couldn't find any.

REREAD the top post.

glasshand
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:41 am

REREAD the top post.
So is that a "no" for now?
Flatline
Reactions:

I like the orange myself. It's one of my favorite colors and much easier to read than the old AGF theme with red text or whatever it was.
LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:08 am

Less readable to me too.

This is beginning to look like the 1960's........psycho-delic! :(
Just trying to keep you on your Meds Mickey. :)

LightWingStudios
Site Admin
Reactions:

glasshand wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:53 am
LightWingStudios wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:41 am

REREAD the top post.
So is that a "no" for now?
"Not carved in stone" as they say. Going thru 16 variations today and selecting a new Default. You'll be able to select the original in your Control Panel afterwards.

slowhand84
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:20 pm
5) This new "Style" has SIXTEEN DIFFERENT Color Schemes too so I may be rotating them in and out until I settle on one in particular so don't get your panties up in a bunch. :)

6) Once one of the sixteen is selected as the new Default Style, I will re-enable the original "Pro-Silver" Style and you can opt to select that as YOUR DEFAULT in your User Control Panel if you don't like the new Default Style.

Well in all fairness if this is directed at me this original post has been updated with the info above in the time since my response, it didn't initially mention any different color schemes available but simply said this is the new look and asked for us to provide feedback so that's what I did.

And thank you for taking my suggestion on the logo change, even though it's wronghanded ;). Love the look of this one a lot, and as a fellow Agile AS-1000 owner (hi [mention]mickey[/mention] !) this is really awesome to see. Always neat to pay tribute to your roots. Thanks again for all the work you're putting into this, super psyched to see this all coming together!
JeffBeck
Reactions:

Flatline wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:59 am I like the orange myself. It's one of my favorite colors and much easier to read than the old AGF theme with red text or whatever it was.
Me, too. I have zero issues with this theme.
RiverDog
Reactions:

LightWingStudios wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:20 pm We've implemented a NEW default look to The New AGF Board!

1) Colorful yet offers a bit of the "Dark Side" as requested

2) THE #1 Member Requested Feature....AVATARS ARE NOW ON THE LEFT SIDE!!!! :)

3) More On AVATARS! They have been REDUCED on the board software size to 150px X 150px. This seems to only apply to NEW AVATARS so if you want yours smaller, delete your exiting one, edit it (I dropped mine down by 50% using MS Paint) and re-upload it!

4) The new "Style" is also VERY MOBILE friendly too.

A YUGE THANK YOU TO RICH GARNER ( @UrenragK ) IN THE U.K FOR DEVELOPING THE NEW AGF LOGO, FINDING THIS STYLE AND LENDING HIS SKILLS IN IMPLEMENTATION. 8-)
Wow. How cool is that? Is it my favorite theme? No. But it's still pretty nice and you know what? It doesn't matter if it's my favorite or not because you and [mention]UrenragK[/mention] are killing it. Thanks for all you guys do!
Aaron
---------------
"What is perfect pitch?"
"Perfect pitch is when you toss a banjo into the dumpster, it hits an accordion and they both break."