93%
Monday?
7%

Total votes: 14
mickey
Reactions:

OK, July 4th is Saturday? Right?
So Is the holiday Friday or Monday?
The people who work for my bank get neither. Bummer.
In your opion, is the holiday Friday or Monday?
Gandalf the Intonationer
Flatline
Reactions:

Our paid-day off of work is Friday. I did take a vacation day to take Monday off as well. :)
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Where I currently work ( which will only be until July 31 ) they give us a "floating" holiday when one of the official holidays falls on a Saturday or Sunday. You can then take 8 hours of PTO on another day of your choosing.

In previous careers (Retail and Hospitality) there was no such thing as a "holiday" - we always had to work because everyone else was off and coming in to buy stuff.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
mighty_duck
Reactions:

Friday for me this year. If memory serves, when the 4th was on a Sunday one year, they gave us the following Monday off.
fatjack
Reactions:

well m govt check ies paid on the thid unles its a weekend i got it on the 2nd which means the feds say Fri.
zisme
Reactions:

my company gave us 8 hours of leave to use friday or monday. i.e. you could take either day off or a half day each. my daughter's day care is closed tomorrow so i'm taking the day. hope to spend much of it in my pool
frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
dearlpitts
Reactions:
Gearlist: Strat,steat,strat,agile3018,tele ,mustang

I got friday off, did not even know until I went to clock out and they handed me my check and told me paid day off tomorrow, I just said Yahoo i,m outta here
brentona
Reactions:

Most observed instances of the 4th on a Saturday result in that Friday off. As some of have said, if it’s Sunday - you typically get the following Monday.
I’m sitting on my couch right now enjoying my Friday off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LeftyLife
OMB
Reactions:

Observed 4th of July is Friday
Central Floriduh Ain't it Grand!
howardlo65
Reactions:
Gearlist: Too many to list!

The 4th is Saturday, so I guess that is the holiday. How could be anything else?
Another Agile Guitar Forum refugee

If only my playing level reflected my 60+ years of playing!
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

The "holiday" is today. The company gave us a paid day off yesterday in observance. I am sure some may opt for Monday to do the same. My wife's company did not observe July 4th this year because it fell on a Saturday. I only work part time now so every week has a couple of holidays.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
mickey
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:28 am The "holiday" is today. The company gave us a paid day off yesterday in observance. I am sure some may opt for Monday to do the same. My wife's company did not observe July 4th this year because it fell on a Saturday. I only work part time now so every week has a couple of holidays.
Just wait until you are completely retired when (to quote the late "Brother Dave Gardener")
"Every night is a Saturday night & every day is a Sunday!" :lol:
Gandalf the Intonationer
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

tonebender wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:28 am The "holiday" is today. The company gave us a paid day off yesterday in observance. I am sure some may opt for Monday to do the same. My wife's company did not observe July 4th this year because it fell on a Saturday. I only work part time now so every week has a couple of holidays.
Wait. Didn't you just retire?

I've heard that retiring and then coming back a " consultant" is the way to go. Is that your part time gig or did you pick up a shift at Red Lobstfer?
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO