What video games are you playing?

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
eicca
Reactions:

Goodness knows there's been some free time to be had lately. I recently fired up the 90s classics Descent and Descent 2. Thought I'd dust them off for one more go before moving on to newer and more exciting stuff and putting the rose colored glasses away.

Nope. Still the best games I've played. Dirt simple: Fly, shoot, survive. And the deeper into the campaign you get the more nuts the chaos becomes.

It gets better. Turns out the original developers of Descent created a new project in 2018 called Overload. I finally got a computer that can handle it and was a little apprehensive that nothing could outdo the classics...

NOPE. Overload is all the same fly-n-smash-n-shoot-n-explode madness but with smoother physics, gorgeous graphics, an actual story and some neat twists. They successfully outdid themselves. Gets me all a-cussin' and a-sweatin' just like the oldies.

And let's not forget Halo, that's always worth my time.

What are you killing time on?
-={Resident Boston Fanatic}=-
Agile AL-3200 satin black; Agile AL-3010SE Goldtop, signed by Boston, retired; The Amazing Mystery Kit Bass
1984 Rockman X100 Rev10; 1988 Rockman Sustainor 200; 1983 Yamaha PB-1
Custom built Stradivarius-model cello
Zipslack
Reactions:

Recently got into Terraria after they released the "Journey's End" final update. Still in Pre-Hardmode figuring things out.
JimyTheAssassin
Reactions:

Wow. I remember Descent. I think that was on my IBM Aptiva with a Pentium 133mhz processor. It has a whopping 8 Mb of Ram (which I eventually upgraded to 24). Those were the days.

I wish I had time to game (among so many other things). These days I might play Minecraft with my son occasionally but that’s about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGF refugee11/30/08-5/28/20 (8,502 posts)
Morrison
Reactions:

On PC I play Pubg, iRacing, x-Plane and a few other FPS shooters

On Xbox Warzone (cod) , titan fall and my son and I are are playing through the entire Halo series
Tsukiyomi
Reactions:
Gearlist: So long, original AGF, and thanks for all the fish

I'd forgotten all about Descent. I'm not a particular gamer or anything and only really play games as a distraction. I can't play Descent/Doom/Quake style games any more though since I get terrible motion sickness :(

I picked up Cuphead a couple of weeks back and that's been annoying me ever since. They've got that whole 1920's/30's cartoon thing down to a T but it's actually a far more difficult game than I expected. My daughter's on a My Hero Academia kick at the moment so we've been playing My Hero One's Justice together, too.
From the home of The Beatles to the land of Krispy Kreme
bleys21
Reactions:

Just finished Metro: Exodus last week, and before that I played most of Borderlands 3. Been messing around with No Man's Sky, and started playing Rage 2 last night. Everything on PC, no consoles allowed lol. I hardly ever buy anything when it comes out, I always wait until Steam/Epic/Ubi/whatever other stupid electronic distribution system heavily discounts them. I kinda like paying under $10 for games. I'm a cheap bastard that way :-)
mark_morton
Reactions:

Skyward Sword on the Wii
mickey
Reactions:

I think I played pacman back in the 70's or 80's. Nothing since. :)

Prior to that I bought & built a "PONG" game kit from a guy named Nolan Bushnell and still have it around here somewhere.
He was working out of his house back then. He later founded Atari.
Gandalf the Intonationer
Longblacktie
Reactions:

Just got into Metro Exodus. Very good game. Reminds me of Fallout and Half Life 2.

Just finished Portal 2 (again), Hellblade - Senuas Sacrifice, Mario Odyssey.

I picked up Pillars of Eternity for cheap and tried to start it but couldn’t get into it. May try it Again after Metro.

I may pick up Minecraft Dungeons to play with my 9 YO.
Open G
Reactions:

I'm afraid to play computer games. They make my time disappear.
Raindog
Reactions:

Like most of the world, playing Fortnite.
zisme
Reactions:

Early in the quarantine it was all about pokemon lets go eevee and pikachu on the switch. Also grabbed the recent bioshock release for the switch. Most recently however it's been a mix of skyrim (my all-time favorite that i frequently revisit) and shadow of mordor on pc. Kind of in a burnout phase as of the last few days i think tho

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
bleys21
Reactions:

Skyrim is a really good game, I certainly considered it the best CRPG ever, until Witcher 3 was released, and it changed my mind. :-)

Shadow of Mordor is a great game as well. They wander a little bit from Tolkien canon, but is reasonably accurate or at least non-conflicting overall.
Tsukiyomi
Reactions:
Gearlist: So long, original AGF, and thanks for all the fish

zisme wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:36 pm Early in the quarantine it was all about pokemon lets go eevee and pikachu on the switch. Also grabbed the recent bioshock release for the switch. Most recently however it's been a mix of skyrim (my all-time favorite that i frequently revisit) and shadow of mordor on pc. Kind of in a burnout phase as of the last few days i think tho

Did you see that Target & GameStop both had the Pokeball Plus on sale for $19.99 last week? My daughter insisted one should be a Father's Day present to me (I just snagged her own Pokeball for her Pokemon Sword and Go), so I'm now the proud owner of what seems to be a modern-day Tamagotchi that keeps chirping "Pika!" at me and glowing yellow now that she's loaded a Pikachu into it.

I'm actually enjoying it more than I expected :D
From the home of The Beatles to the land of Krispy Kreme
rrobbone
Reactions:

I've been working on knocking down my backlog during quarantine.

Let's see...

Recently finished:

GTA 5 (to 100% completion finally), XB1
Forza Horizon 4 (just finished the Lego expansion to 100%, that's all of it now), XB1
The Outer Worlds, XB1
Bridge Constructor Portal, XB1
Void Bastards, XB1
Dead Cells (completed the second cell run), NSW
Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure, NDS
The Simpsons, Arcade
Sengoku, Sengoku 2, Arcade
Metal Slug 1, 3, and 4, Arcade
In The Hunt, Arcade
Ninja Baseball Bat Man, Arcade
San Francisco Rush 2049, DC
Streets of Rage 4, XB1
Umihara Kawase, SFC
Human Fall Flat, XB1
Space Megaforce, SNES
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past (again), SNES
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (all DLC and finally beat that damn tower), NSW
Hollow Knight, NSW
Untitled Goose Game, XB1
Donpachi, Arcade
Dodonpachi, Arcade
Deathsmiles, X360
Parodius Da!, SFC

Working on:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, XB1
Dirt 4, XB1
Dirt Rally 2, XB1
Yoku's Island Express, NSW
Mortal Kombat 11, XB1
Dodonpachi 2: BeeStorm, Arcade
Ikaruga, Arcade
Gokujo Parodius, SFC
Dead Cells (third cell run), NSW

Pushing high scores on:

Bookworm, DS
League Bowling, Arcade
Neo Turf Masters, Arcade
Windjammers, Arcade
Galaga, Arcade
Klax, Arcade
Geometry Wars 2 (yes, still), XB1
Lumines, NSW
Demon's Tilt, XB1
Rocket League (Goddamn, that game is fun!), XB1

I'm really trying to avoid buying Clubhouse Games for the Switch. I loved that game on the DS, but I've got plenty to play.

AND, I'm also taking a break from guitar making for a bit - working on this instead...
IMG_2641.jpg
(You'll just have to tilt your head to your left shoulder, the forum keeps turning it sideways for some reason)

I've always wanted my own arcade cabinet, ever since I was a kiddo. Gonna put it in my office.
"What is this place? Where am I?"
Flatline
Reactions:

I recently finished the Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4 and it was fantastic.
Lamf77
Reactions:

World Of Tanks online through my desktop. Assassin's Creed...the Egypt one on my xBox.
Bubba Zanetti
Reactions:
Gearlist: Let's talk about my Eko's...

I'm a long time World of Tanks and World of Warships player. I used to play a ton of FIFA as well, but Tanks/Warships are far too all-consuming to allow me to dedicate my rationed gaming time to anything else, although I did get the Sega Genesis classics edition on Xbox Live, I forgot how fun Golden Axe and Altered Beast are.
In the Midnight Hour she Cried MoMoMo
honyock
Reactions:

WoT has been my one time suck the past 3+ years.

I did decide to try Madden again on PC, but it just doesn't pull me in like when I was a kid. Same with Gran Turismo and other racing games. I'd rather drive my real car or work on my truck or motorcycle than play those type games anymore.

I can't get into FPS games anymore. Was big into Counter Strike and Day of Defeat, but WoT has become my one vice holding me back from practicing guitar...
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
zisme
Reactions:

Tsukiyomi wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:06 am
zisme wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:36 pm Early in the quarantine it was all about pokemon lets go eevee and pikachu on the switch. Also grabbed the recent bioshock release for the switch. Most recently however it's been a mix of skyrim (my all-time favorite that i frequently revisit) and shadow of mordor on pc. Kind of in a burnout phase as of the last few days i think tho

Did you see that Target & GameStop both had the Pokeball Plus on sale for $19.99 last week? My daughter insisted one should be a Father's Day present to me (I just snagged her own Pokeball for her Pokemon Sword and Go), so I'm now the proud owner of what seems to be a modern-day Tamagotchi that keeps chirping "Pika!" at me and glowing yellow now that she's loaded a Pikachu into it.

I'm actually enjoying it more than I expected :D
Haha I didn't realize you could actually load a mon into the pokeball plus. I've held out on getting one, because 95% of the time i play the switch in handheld mode. I spent A LOT of time post-game combo catching and hyper training. burnt out just shy of full-on shiny hunting. the let's go games were especially fun to me, because i was such a fan of the first gen games (red, blue, yellow)

similarly really enjoyed the link's awakening re-make. such a fantastic game, and a beautiful and faithful remake.
frogs love to eat flies,
the devil's name, Beelzebub, lord of the flies
evil spirits love to spiritually feed upon those whom Beelzebub rules

joined AGF March 20, 2013
rrobbone
Reactions:

zisme wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:35 pm similarly really enjoyed the link's awakening re-make. such a fantastic game, and a beautiful and faithful remake.
I bought that at the request of my wife, then recovering from knee surgery and worried about what to do with the downtime. She never touched it.

It's sitting patiently on my backlog pile. Good to know they didn't dick around with it.
"What is this place? Where am I?"
aullucci
Reactions:

Civ 6, FIFA and some star wars shooters for me...
peskypesky
Reactions:

Trying to stay away from World of Tanks Blitz. I've been horribly addicted for about three years.
Banned by Momo
msc_
Reactions:

Well, my son is heavily into Pokemon and since it takes two players and systems to get the most out of it (they always release two versions of the same game), I've been playing with him. We've been playing the newly released Isle of Armor expansion for Pokemon Sword and Shield and I just finished Pokemon FireRed on the Nintendo DS and he's still working on LeafGreen. We're going to start Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire next.
Chad
Reactions:

My Son made me buy a Mojang account for my PC and play minecraft with him. I have not played any games for the PC since halflife.