Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Now that's some custom fretboard inlays boys

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5d-KdDu ... lja2NhOG1h
thepezident
Reactions:
Gearlist: I got stuff

After just putting in dots on the fretboard of the guitar my son and I are building.......I cant imagine the talent needed to do that!
And thats before CNC machines....
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

thepezident wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:55 am After just putting in dots on the fretboard of the guitar my son and I are building.......I cant imagine the talent needed to do that!
And thats before CNC machines....
Yeah
.it's a good bet those aren't stickers. Maybe rhinestones? (Mother of pearl) based upon another guitar up at auction.
lf.jpeg
mickey
Reactions:

The late (great) Buster B. Jones had a guitar with "BUSTER B" inlaid on the neck.
At least until a couple of airport baggage handlers in Memphis TN decided they needed it worse than Buster did.
Of course they worried about "fencing" it with all the inlay on the neck, so they took some tools and removed the fancy inlay.
Then they ran it in either eBay or Reverb (I disremember which) as tho the WOOD "BUSTER B" didn't show up at least as well as the mother of pearl did!

Say you aren't familiar with Buster B. Jones? Alcohol & tobacco took him from us in his 40's. (Feb 2009)

I'll try to find a video of him picking when his picking isn't impaired by alcohol, until then you'll have to make do with the one above, :D

Buster's "Office" was the bar at the Music City Sheraton.

Gandalf the Intonationer
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:08 pm The late (great) Buster B. Jones had a guitar with "BUSTER B" inlaid on the neck.
At least until a couple of airport baggage handlers in Memphis TN decided they needed it worse than Buster did.
Of course they worried about "fencing" it with all the inlay on the neck, so they took some tools and removed the fancy inlay.
Then they ran it in either eBay or Reverb (I disremember which) as tho the WOOD "BUSTER B" didn't show up at least as well as the mother of pearl did!

Say you aren't familiar with Buster B. Jones? Alcohol & tobacco took him from us in his 40's. (Feb 2009)

I'll try to find a video of him picking when his picking isn't impaired by alcohol, until then you'll have to make do with the one above, :D

Buster's "Office" was the bar at the Music City Sheraton.

Some excellent finger pickin' !
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

What's all the hub-bub?

tommy.png
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO