2024 Yard sale, Flea market, CL, FB-MP finds

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
mozz
Reactions:

Can't believe i didn't start this thread in January. I'm probably forgetting some stuff but here is the latest.

Yard sale find. Nicest day out so far this year, it hit 50. Strat copy, red, looks like a cheap Squier. No decals so maybe they were sanded off? Paint was really nice so even the body was worth it.
g1 (2).jpg
Here's what i paid, it was sitting behind a table so maybe nobody else saw it?
g2 (2).jpg
Got this a few weeks ago. $1. Yup, that's the price the guy listed on Craigslist. I figured he just put that out there to attract people but he said, "No, price is $1, we are moving and it is extra to our needs". I got there and it's huge, it's a bass case. But i needed one anyway for the MIM Jazz bass i picked up last year. It fits perfect.
g3 (3).jpg
Gutted some cheap test equipment from a Hamfest in NJ a few weeks ago. These are TIS58 nchan j-fets. Used in the old Echoplex EP3 which was used by VH and Jimmy Page and few others. Even when the echo is turned off your guitar is going thru a preamp, not really boosting but slightly coloring your sound. These preamps were built in pedal form by Clinch FX EP3 and Exotic EP3 and some others. You really need these original parts to get the sound. Metropolus marshall web forum guys swear EVH ran dual echoplexes and these do give you one step closer to his sound on the early albums. Just had some pcb boards made so i have to build a few once i get the charge pump IC'S, they originally ran on 22volts.
g4.jpg
Just looking at the red strat copy, i don't think it's a Squier now. Who else would use a fender style headstock, Japanese. So i am guessing it's a Japan strat copy of some sort. Laminated hardwood (not plywood) body, unplayed neck has massive fret sprout and the heal is at least 1/8 thicker than a standard fender/squier neck. May not be repairable, pretty much warped too. Tightened the truss rod but i don't have hope it will come back, end of neck goes up pretty high and bow is about 1/8". It's a 25" scale too.
rs1.jpg
rs2.jpg
AGF refugee
mozz
Reactions:

New pickguard, new lefty tele neck (temu $15), Suhr chinese V70 clones. Need to get out the nut files and finish it up.
10d.jpg
AGF refugee