Grand Marquis 97 vintage FS near me

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Classic bkue 90K miles, affordable.

Should I do it?

My last chance to drive a semi-barge. Never drove a big V8 (uh, maybe not - company Ford LTD?)
Too bad not a Crown Vic though.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
tobijohn
Reactions:

I'm pretty sure that the Grand Marquis is the upscale version of the Crown Victoria, so basically the same car...
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

I'm not sure it applies everywhere, but in my neck of the woods, parking spaces have shrunk over the last 2 or 3 decades.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Pluses and minuses for these. The biggest plus is that these are simple cars. If they break, parts are easy to come by, and they are easy to fix. And they don't break as much as some other cars. They can be modded with things like cop tires, cop shocks, etc. Another plus is that they are big.

The downside is that these are big, hard to maneuver in tight spaces, and the interior space isn't spectacular given the size of the car. Yeah there's enough room for a perp in the back, and many guitars in the trunk, but still...

And the Panther platform dates back to 1979, so the crash protections aren't the most modern.

That said, I love the damn things.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
mickey
Reactions:

How many gallons per mile do you get with one of those?
Gandalf the Intonationer
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

My stepfather could have afforded any car on the market and he chose a Marquis until late in life and he switched to Caddy.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

No gonna do interstate travel, plenty of parking where I hang out.

Can some fancy chrome old-school add-ons, and go seduce old ladies at the senior center, or make it funky as can be.

It' s two grand asking. Better hurry before an upright bass player snatches it!

Gallons per miles: Not so bad according to reviews. Driver behavior impacts mileage as well.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Coyote Swap.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
mozz
Reactions:

Even the 99 and up 4.6 will be a little better. Isn't cost effective to spend coyote bucks in a 27 year old car.
AGF refugee
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

mozz wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:37 pm Even the 99 and up 4.6 will be a little better. Isn't cost effective to spend coyote bucks in a 27 year old car.
I was kidding.

And since when does ANY motor swap make sense? :D
- Ron Swanson
mozz
Reactions:

Not like the old days, now your computer has to match or it may not even start. My mustang is in the garage over the winter, I think there's a mouse nest in the bellhousing. When I started it up last week I could smell something burning after it got up to temp. Hope I don't have to pull the trans, will have to pay the mechanic as I'm too old for that stuff now.
AGF refugee
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Gone real fast, no GM for me!

Still looking for a decent scooter, having a hard time, always something off, goofy price, docs missing, tons of maintenance past due, too small displacement, too freaking far, stubborn dealers. Bleah. :cry:

Other: last night, left headlights on on Tacoma (disturbed the off-on-exit feature), AAA would not come (heh? FU) had to get a cop to jump, now shopping of a booster thingie.
Did I hear it for spouse... now she will be getting a power booster as wedding anniversary gift! ;), there is upside to everything if you look at it the right way, Famous last words... if you do not hear from me past early May that may be because I had to move into the garden shed!
tobijohn
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:47 am Gone real fast, no GM for me!

...Other: last night, left headlights on on Tacoma (disturbed the off-on-exit feature), AAA would not come (heh? FU) had to get a cop to jump, now shopping of a booster thingie.
Did I hear it for spouse... now she will be getting a power booster as wedding anniversary gift! ;), there is upside to everything if you look at it the right way, Famous last words...
The one I bought is no longer available on Amazon, but it is similar to this one with the same specs and features. It had plenty of power, I was able to jump my 1996 Corvette (350 cu in/5.7 liters) twice without recharging it. I bought a second one for my other car. Everyone should have something like this stored in the trunk:/cargo area:

www.amazon.com/MEGAWISE-16800mAh-Starte ... Y933&psc=1
Delightful mix of insolence, arrogance and narcissism
Republican moderate trapped in a heavy metal chassis
Growing up, only kid in the neighborhood with an Uncle Ahkbar
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:47 am Gone real fast, no GM for me!

Still looking for a decent scooter, having a hard time, always something off, goofy price, docs missing, tons of maintenance past due, too small displacement, too freaking far, stubborn dealers. Bleah. :cry:

Other: last night, left headlights on on Tacoma (disturbed the off-on-exit feature), AAA would not come (heh? FU) had to get a cop to jump, now shopping of a booster thingie.
Did I hear it for spouse... now she will be getting a power booster as wedding anniversary gift! ;), there is upside to everything if you look at it the right way, Famous last words... if you do not hear from me past early May that may be because I had to move into the garden shed!
Shopping for cars can be one of the most frustrating things you can do. And the dealers don't seem to want to make it better.
- Ron Swanson