Cowboy Carter

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Ok, so along with my YouTube subscription I get access to YouTube music streaming also. So I thought I'd check out the hubbub concerning Beyonce's new album release.

In short, I previewed the songs in the album, mostly to save time but the gist of it was the songs sounded overproduced, contrived and phony

In summary, I hated it.

Any differing opinions?
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Hats off to your curiosity. I did not know there was a new album and certainly missed the hubbub. I need to get out more.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

tonebender wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:07 pm Hats off to your curiosity. I did not know there was a new album and certainly missed the hubbub. I need to get out more.
I only knew about it as an old friend had posted on his Instagram page that he liked it. I was quite surprised because he and I grew up on a diet of Rolling Stones, post 70s New Wave, etc....I thought it deserved a listen...but in hindsight...I might ask his sister to check up on him...maybe he's starting to fade a bit....ha ha ha h a
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Ok, I pulled it up on youtube and gave a few songs a listen. I suppose this is suppose to be a run at country music?? All kinds of weird things on there. Not my cup of tea. I am not a fan of her vocal style, it's like all songs have a spiritual song emotion overtone for no apparent reason. I would be enjoying the guitar work and music in general then her singing would kick it and ruin the vibe. The two just did not go together for me.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Partscaster
Reactions:

I found a few songs I really liked, sampling official vids. One was of more Spanish style. Good for her to try and mash in a new direction. Good to have more change/mashing in pop in general, I guess.

On another note, I've been playing with a harmonica guy and my bass friend in practices once a week. Thinking on having a dummer friend join in to work some breweries. We just played with another practice group I play with, including the regular drummer, for first time.
I just realized how much I can not like harmonica on every tune. Its going to take a lot of planned style and phrasing differentiation to make harmonica not make every tune sound the same. Ugh!
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Partscaster wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:02 am I found a few songs I really liked, sampling official vids. One was of more Spanish style. Good for her to try and mash in a new direction. Good to have more change/mashing in pop in general, I guess.

On another note, I've been playing with a harmonica guy and my bass friend in practices once a week. Thinking on having a dummer friend join in to work some breweries. We just played with another practice group I play with, including the regular drummer, for first time.
I just realized how much I can not like harmonica on every tune. Its going to take a lot of planned style and phrasing differentiation to make harmonica not make every tune sound the same. Ugh!
As an old blues harp player from way back, I only later learned that's why there are so many different harmonicas and respective key voicings. You need to select among diatonic, chromatic, tremolo, octave, orchestral, and bass and then you need to make sure you buy one tuned in the proper key ! A whole lot different from guitar where you can just retune the same 6 strings or add a capo to adjust.