3 World Class Guitarists.....Goin' Down

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Jeff sure could rock it!
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Fun, but I have mixed feelings. At the risk of sounding like a wet blanket, it sounds like a garage band auditioning a new guitarist or some guys jamming at an open mic night. Here's a related video with the same vibe:

Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

tlarson58 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:16 am Fun, but I have mixed feelings. At the risk of sounding like a wet blanket, it sounds like a garage band auditioning a new guitarist or some guys jamming at an open mic night. Here's a related video with the same vibe:

Perhaps Jeff Beck in a schoolboy outfit ?

In all seriousness, I think it's the mismatch of the Stones being the quintessential tight band with rhythms at the core, trying to mesh with a truly avant garde individualist guitarist. Fun but maybe Beck not the best Stones team player. In a similar vein rumour has it that it's the reason Rory Gallagher never signed on after Mick Taylor left, instead Ronnie Wood got the nod as he was much more of a team guitarist
Partscaster
Reactions:

Especially the beginning, its like 3 old dogs circling in a street reading for a fight.
And Charlie loves watching it.
By the end they realize they're all from the same litter.

I get the impression that Jeff says something quickly into Mick's ear at the very end, that is insulting. And Mick has to let it roll off as he addresses the audience. Gotta love Jeff's feistiness. "Feck &@@#" .
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
bc rich
Reactions:

Less pretentions and more Rawk. That's how it is done..
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I am again reminded that SRV somehow managed to take it to the next level.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

bc rich wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:08 pm Less pretentions and more Rawk. That's how it is done..
Agreed, but strutting is what the Stones are all about and they do it well as showmen but certainly can't compete with guitar skills of a SRV level
thepezident
Reactions:
Gearlist: I got stuff

tlarson58 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:16 am Fun, but I have mixed feelings. At the risk of sounding like a wet blanket, it sounds like a garage band auditioning a new guitarist or some guys jamming at an open mic night. Here's a related video with the same vibe:

I mean...I'm hardly a guitar player but wasnt Angus pretty sloppy in his picking?
I stopped watching 1/2 way through.....
Yeah...it's like a blues jam down at the VFW but with better production and a larger stage..

And it's duly noted that this is coming from a keyboard warrior/armchair quarterback/backseat driver.....
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

thepezident wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:38 am

I mean...I'm hardly a guitar player but wasnt Angus pretty sloppy in his picking?
I stopped watching 1/2 way through.....
Yeah...it's like a blues jam down at the VFW but with better production and a larger stage..

And it's duly noted that this is coming from a keyboard warrior/armchair quarterback/backseat driver.....
Blues jam down at the VFW....🤣🤣🤣🤣