Craigslist vs Facebook Marketplace

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

Ok at least here in Bangkok, no contest. For the 2nd posting I've ever done, sale in 1 day again and FB had 6 buyers all vying to buy. Craigslist only 1 response to my ad for the Nux mini amp:

FB : all replies were : I want it today, can you discount a bit ? I of course built this into my list price.

Craigslist : 1 reply: "sub connections possible?"

That's it..maybe a navy guy about to head out..I dunno. Nothing intelligible at all.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Market Place seems to have overtaken Craigslist around here. I do not have an active FB account so I can look but can't touch. I am hearing that AI is taking over all that stuff. The only way I was successful selling on CL in the last couple of years was offering deals that could not be passed up and even some of those went without response.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

Around here most people still post on all available free platforms it seems, but FB marketplace has been pretty productive for me as of late. I sold a couple of bikes and and the topper from my old truck last fall, all of them for pretty close to my asking price and within 24 hours of posting
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

FB Marketplace is my go-to. I've sold everything from a fish tank to 160 bales of Hay.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 185524.jpg
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

tlarson58 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:27 pm FB Marketplace is my go-to. I've sold everything from a fish tank to 180 bales of Hay.
Craigslist Buyer: "Uh...I want the hay but not 180 bales, could you throw in a fish tank with a few fish and maybe fit 12 bales inside the tank with the fish ?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
glasshand
Reactions:

I just put a piece of furniture up on Freecycle, and I got precisely one response, which was a guy saying, "I love it but it's too big for my apartment! Do you have any other furniture available?" :roll:
golem
Reactions:

One thing I notice is that some people generally use one or the other. So if you want better reach try both.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

I joined FB (with a made-up name) for the sole purpose of reading the motorcycle/scooter ads in my vicinity, as local CL is very dry, and infested with far-away dealers posts that do NOT get filtered out.

Something dysfunctional about FBM searches, like it was designed to be so on purpose.... :-)
And lots of junk, bikes with missing docs or keys, clapped on Chinese scooters.

I freaking want MyLoc+80 miles > motorcycles > moto scooters > Honda|Yamaha|Suzuki|Kymco, but you cannot do that (as I see it).
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
glasshand
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:07 pm Something dysfunctional about FBM searches, like it was designed to be so on purpose.... :-)
And lots of junk, bikes with missing docs or keys, clapped on Chinese scooters.
I have long found FB marketplace's actual user interface to be some hot garbage. The people there are pretty much the same as people anywhere, but the UX is pretty bad. I have always figured there must be a product manager for FBM, and I would love to meet that person so I could ask them what the hell the deal is.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

So I saw this LTD TL-6 for sale on CL at less than half of retail. I went to meet the guy at GC so I could play it through an amp and properly check it out. I had to drive a little over an hour but was fine with that. He handed me the guitar and went to find a cable. I am checking it over and it has a structural horizontal rack all the way through the top that ran from the corner of the f-hole to the edge at the top bout. Bummer for sure. He seemed to genuinely not know it was there or else he was a good actor. He immediately took it from me and inspected it. He then said he understood that was probably a deal breaker and he was right. Shame too because I have wanting as thinline style acoustic electric and it sure felt nice. I do not want to spend an arm and leg so a used TLD has been targeted.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tonebender
Reactions:

I check out the local CL almost everyday. The same Harley Bentons, Epis and other cheap imports are for sale day after day after day. Every now and again something interesting pops up but it will gone quickly. There are a few Gibsons but never a bargain.