Freakin' , 40th wedding anniversay, and no plan.. I am in touble!

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

As title says, a month away (early May), and zero plan!
Also freaking about the number.

What the duck to do?

Only thing I can think of is a local trip - too early to camp though.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
Chocol8
Reactions:

Its not too late to line up a divorce lawyer!

My approach would be a nice dinner and a "gift certificate" for a vacation of her choosing to be enjoyed within the next 12 months. After 40 years you don't have to hit the exact day, 6-12 months is rounding error, so go where you want when it is a good time to go there.
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

Well, the traditional gift is a ruby (according to Google). Not sure what your budget is, but a ruby pendant would be nice, or a ring with rubies, dinner at Ruby Tuesday, etc.

I don't suggest a heartfelt rendition of Ruby Tuesday though.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

Congrats on 40 years!

If it were me, I would start telling my wife how thankful I am for forty years of being with her (I am currently approaching 36 years married) and that I was having problems comeing up with celebration that compares with that. Then I'd ask her how she would like to celebrate, carefully watching for the 'false martyr' cues ('Oh, I am not worth the trouble, etc.) and then try to gain a nugget of how / what to do.

Then, I'd buy a piece of music gear to deal with the anxiety (just kidding).
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Heh, congratulations and... I'd guess you know her well. I'd try to figure out what she would most enjoy that you can definitely line up in time. Not all women have the same favorite things. Good luck!
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Congrats on 40 years! I like @Chocol8 's idea. Planning a quiet get-away or bucket list adventure with each other's input would be a lot of fun.

Or maybe just buy her a ruby-colored Les Paul.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Whoa, here, easy!
Rubies, exotic trips... you are getting carried away here. Reminder: I am still returning my soda cans for deposit money!

Actually, it may be very simple (but necessarily cheap).
The island of Nantucket is just south of here, never been, always wanted to, and she hasn't been in a very long time (1967!). I also happen to know the history of the place pretty well, so it will be it. Thing is, not much is running there until mid-May, like the local buses.

The island was very wealthy during the whaling days, until that died. Sometime later, several beautiful homes of the day were loaded on barges to be relocated inland on Cape Cod... crazy stuff. Same with windmills, one has crossed the Mass. Bay a couple of times!

Funny thing is, short honeymoon was on the sister island Martha's Vineyard.
One night, Buddy Guy (1984 style) and Junior Welles played in a combo bar/barn, with the locals paying no attention to them, just another band.
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Have you considered getting her a guitar? In case she does not take to it, I would make sure it is one you like so the expense is not wasted.

Just kidding of course, Happy 40th and am sure she will appreciate whatever you plan. After all, she stuck around this long so you must be doing something right.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:31 pm Whoa, here, easy!
Rubies, exotic trips... you are getting carried away here. Reminder: I am still returning my soda cans for deposit money!

Actually, it may be very simple (but necessarily cheap).
The island of Nantucket is just south of here, never been, always wanted to, and she hasn't been in a very long time (1967!). I also happen to know the history of the place pretty well, so it will be it. Thing is, not much is running there until mid-May, like the local buses.

The island was very wealthy during the whaling days, until that died. Sometime later, several beautiful homes of the day were loaded on barges to be relocated inland on Cape Cod... crazy stuff. Same with windmills, one has crossed the Mass. Bay a couple of times!

Funny thing is, short honeymoon was on the sister island Martha's Vineyard.
One night, Buddy Guy (1984 style) and Junior Welles played in a combo bar/barn, with the locals paying no attention to them, just another band.
You know, I heard there once was a man from Nantucket.... :D
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson