About 250 feet of chain link fence missing!!!!

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
mickey
Reactions:

A drunk young lady driving a 2004 Corolla took out about 250 feet of my chain link fence this afternoon.
She is sitting in the County Jail at the moment, alcohol & gas don't mix.
Good thing the Highway Patrol gave me a printout of their accident report. Guess I'm in good hands with Allstate??? :D
Gandalf the Intonationer
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

Hopefully Allstate doesn't call it an "Act of God."
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
Tonray's Ghost
Reactions:

mickey wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:15 pm A drunk young lady driving a 2004 Corolla took out about 250 feet of my chain link fence this afternoon.
She is sitting in the County Jail at the moment, alcohol & gas don't mix.
Good thing the Highway Patrol gave me a printout of their accident report. Guess I'm in good hands with Allstate??? :D
Luckily she was driving a Toyota, if she had been driving a Ford she could have used the 'no reasonable man could ever believe a 2004 Ford would be operational in 2024' defense.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

How's the Corolla?

If I were you, I would like to have a word with the fence installer!
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
mickey
Reactions:

PoodlesAgain wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:56 pm How's the Corolla?

If I were you, I would like to have a word with the fence installer!
I'd call the Toyota "totaled."

I left a message on his voicemail already.
Gandalf the Intonationer
BatUtilityBelt
Reactions:

Having the accident report is a huge advantage. My mailbox has been taken out twice by less than attentive drivers, both running off without taking responsibility. The second one I captured on video, and found pieces of his car that my mailbox bit off, but I still had no recourse. At least a mailbox is easier than 250 feet of fence to install.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Women these days, sheeesh!
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

BatUtilityBelt wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:55 pm Having the accident report is a huge advantage. My mailbox has been taken out twice by less than attentive drivers, both running off without taking responsibility. The second one I captured on video, and found pieces of his car that my mailbox bit off, but I still had no recourse. At least a mailbox is easier than 250 feet of fence to install.
Dig down and replace the post with a metal post sunk in a fair bit of concrete. They'll learn.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson