And so it ends

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
honyock
Reactions:

The company finally decided that I was important enough to try to retain, the day after I put in my resignation.

My old boss reached out to ask me personally before I was presented with the offer, in part to talk about our dearly departed friend. I thanked him for thinking of me, but my decision was made as soon as I had an offer in hand. Had they offered the retention scheme to all of my people at the time they announced the closure, I would have stayed. Now, with so much of the workforce already racing to the emergency exits due to a month of radio silence it was too little, too late. Just another failed scheme in a sad history of the company.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

honyock wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:38 am The company finally decided that I was important enough to try to retain, the day after I put in my resignation.
?!

That's a lot of emotions to put you through. Good for you for sticking to your guns.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
JeffBeck
Reactions:

This thread went from crap to cool pretty quickly. Glad you've landed on your feet!
honyock
Reactions:

Some of my favorite people to work with are joining me as well.

AI helped me write a post that I can finally share my feelings.

farewell greetings going out strong towards dreadful former employer known as Carclo whose rapid descent down bankruptcy lane should be no surprise given how fervently even leadership desires such demise.
10 years, 2 months, and 8 days of blissful ignorance ruined by that snake in the grass Major Tom.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

As convoluted as it is, it hits home.

I wish I could think of an funny AI response but it's too early and the subject is rather serious. Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm sorry that you had to endure this.
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
Buddha Pickups
Reactions:

Tons of defense contractor jobs here in VA but glad it all worked out in the end 👍
Tiga
Reactions:

Bumpy ride but hoping it's smooth sailing ahead!
Rollin Hand
Reactions:

honyock wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:26 am Some of my favorite people to work with are joining me as well.

AI helped me write a post that I can finally share my feelings.

farewell greetings going out strong towards dreadful former employer known as Carclo whose rapid descent down bankruptcy lane should be no surprise given how fervently even leadership desires such demise.
My wife had a similar situation where she left (undervalued, underappreciated and exploited for her superiors' glory) her old job of many years to go to another firm for a big raise and...actual respect. It was like the floodgates opened, and 5 people she worked with at the old place have joined her. It's come to the point where her old company said to the new one "could you please cut it out, dammit?!?"

Congrats on the new gig, and hope all goes smooth.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win, and when I don't, I get furious."
- Ron Swanson