Wife wants us to visit New Mexico

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Yep, she wants to spend a week there (like, "Santa Fe = art center"). I do not have much interest, but will go along.

I will grab a travel book, but I want to ask, what's the place like, things not to miss, or odd stuff to do there?
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
jhull54
Reactions:

I think you'll like it.

Definitely check out the Old Town area and Canyon Road for shopping. Several cool museums, including the Georgia O'Keefe museum. If you ski, you can do that, depending on when you're there. A lot of interesting architecture in Santa Fe, and a lot of upscale shopping, but the natural scenery is pretty nifty in that area of the country too. Santa Fe Scenic Byway is a nice drive. Santa Fe is surrounded by mountains, and you're going to be over 7000 feet above sea level, so make sure you have sunglasses and sunscreen.

Again, I think you'll enjoy Santa Fe. Good food and good beer there too.
andrewsrea
Reactions:
Gearlist: 28 Guitars: (2) basses, (2) acoustics, (3) hollow bodies, (3) Semi hollow, (1) Double-neck, (17) Solid-bodies

If you go in October, the hot Air Balloon Festival is great to check out. I have not personally been there in 14 years and don't recall a lot of other attractions, but went there frequently for work in the 2004-2006 time period. Great traditional Mexican food and Tex-Mex.
Live life to the fullest! - Rob
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Interesting. This will be in the Spring. We need a break from the dogs (nice kennel near us)!
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Sounds like a cool place to visit. I have been to Texas and Arizona but never NM.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
thepezident
Reactions:
Gearlist: I got stuff

One of my favorite trips was flying into Albuquerque - driving up the Turquoise Trail Scenic Byway...
Then from Sante Fe - Down the east side , stopping in Roswell, then to Carlsbad Caverns.
Over to White Sands National Park, stopping at Truth or Consequences and back to Albuquerque.

There's a lot of history, parks and sites to see. Especially if you're from the East Coast and that kind of terrain is unfamiliar to your eyeballs.
mickey
Reactions:

thepezident wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:32 pm One of my favorite trips was flying into Albuquerque - driving up the Turquoise Trail Scenic Byway...
Then from Sante Fe - Down the east side , stopping in Roswell, then to Carlsbad Caverns.
Over to White Sands National Park, stopping at Truth or Consequences and back to Albuquerque.

There's a lot of history, parks and sites to see. Especially if you're from the East Coast and that kind of terrain is unfamiliar to your eyeballs.
Still hard for me to believe the "Big Room" in Carlsbad Caverns = 11 acres!!!!!
Gandalf the Intonationer