Travis-Taylor not unlike Marcel Cerdan-Edith Piaf

Post All Your Unrelated Stuff Here.
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

This just came to me this morning, sports figure + music personalty.
I hope this modern-day version fares better than Marcel and Edith, though.

I do not follow either personalities, but I like how this is not harming anyone, and free of the general nastiness we are sadly accustomed to.

I wish them well.
Two minor demerits for jet fuel consumption, though. Take the train already, or charter Greyhound, and save the small-town bus stations investors are tearing down for cash!
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
tlarson58
Reactions:
Gearlist: A tele, a bass and a bunch of other stuff.

This guy? I think that I need some clarification.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 173701.png
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
PoodlesAgain
Reactions:

Kansas City Chiefs(?) player, and Taylor Swift, country-pop(? again) singer, romance.

And, Marcel Cerdan, French boxing champion and Edith Piaf, French singer of iconic tunes like "La vie en rose".
The other farm cats didn’t super love him but the chickens thought he was alright so he became a chicken.
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

I am not sure why the NFL producers are so enamored with Taylor other than they see it attracting her fans in. Again not sure why they think that is a good thing.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
tlarson58
Reactions:

Oh. I get it now.

I haven't given her music a good listen. Millions of "Swifties" can't be wrong, right?
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO
tonebender
Reactions:
Gearlist: Fav: Gibson LP and Gibson Goldtone Amp. Other gear: Gretsch, Peavey, Taylor and more.

Most of her country music was targeting little girls or teenage girls. I have not listened to any of her pop music. I could not name one song but I am sure she has a lot. She has done quite well for herself. I read where Travis Kelsey got word to her that he wanted to date her and apparently she was open to the idea. Back in the day Andre Agassi and Brooke Shields do the same thing to tennis that these two are doing to football. Nothing new under the sun except the Gibson Falcon amps. Cross thread points please. I know, that was weak.
"Will follow through with a transaction when the terms are agreed upon" almightybunghole
uwmcscott
Reactions:
Gearlist: A few LP's, a Strat, a Tele and a few acoustics.

tonebender wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:28 pm I am not sure why the NFL producers are so enamored with Taylor other than they see it attracting her fans in. Again not sure why they think that is a good thing.
That's exactly it - $$$. Having her sitting in the booth at Cheifs games has boosted ratings to all-time levels, even in the regular season. Professional sports are an entertainment product from a financial sense, so anything to get more eyes on the screen is a good thing.
AGF Survivor Champ Emeritus (Ask TVVoodoo )
tlarson58
Reactions:

Screenshot 2024-02-01 160801.png
Tommy Larson
Steamboat Springs, CO